1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Ok I'm ready

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by gbouten, Apr 28, 2010.

1. gbouten

gbouten New Member

I have installed SPRecovery, I have done a simple nandroid backup. I have renamed ESE81update2.zip to update.zip and I have put in in the "Root" Directory of my droid.
    I am ready to run the up date. My last question is when this is done will I have to reactivate my phone?

Greg
  2. Erron

Erron Developer Developer

No.

This is here because NO isn't acceptable by DF.
  3. BayouFlyFisher

BayouFlyFisher Rescue Squad

You mean root of your SDcard _ right?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
  4. gbouten

gbouten New Member

Yes, the file renamed to update.zip is in the root directory of my droid. I'm just a bit nervious to start, because I need my phone do not be a brick today, but I think I've done the hardest steps.

Greg
  5. Slider46

Slider46 New Member

You may have to sign in to your google account again but that should be all.
  6. killabyte

killabyte New Member

for future reference, if you do have to activate it, it's automated and all you have to do is press 1 and wait and then it tells you it is activated. you dont have to go into the verizon office or call a human.
  7. gbouten

gbouten New Member

Yea, I found that out, I'm rooted and it's all good. Im not sure if I should have done the data wipe, but that's what the instructions said to do. I do have to redownload all my apps but that's not really a big deal. Are there any instructions for setting up the barnacle wi fi? I see it does not have WPA and I can get it to had out an ip addy. I will poke around.

Greg
  8. Slider46

Slider46 New Member

The market may restore you apps automatically. Give it an hour or two. At least thats what happened after I updated to 2.1 (stock) and did the SPRecovery install, then loaded Chevy's latest ROM. The market restored my non-root apps.
  9. VolDroid

VolDroid New Member

Congrats man and welcome to the Dark Side. It's not nearly as scary as it seems. :welcome:
  10. gbouten

gbouten New Member

I am rooted and all seems well. I cant get Barnacle to work yet. THe only reason I did this was for Wi Fi tethering. My laptop sees the SSID but never connects to it. I will be reading more.
  11. gbouten

gbouten New Member

No it wasn't too bad and it's worth rooting if for nothing else being able to back up my ROM. I will start a new thread for the Barnacle help. You all rock thanks for all the help------------