Ok, I'll be the first to say it...

tc1

Reaction score
But then everyone in your contacts has to learn your new number don't they?

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

No, you don't have to use a differed.t number.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

Nyteravyn

Reaction score
Might you be so kind as to clue me in on the google voice as vm method?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

drakenhoffen

Reaction score
Google Voice Clue In.

When you get google voice you do get a google number. This number co exists with your vzn number.

Use 1: You set your vm up on google and set your phone up to use it. People call you vzn number and if you don't answer it goes to your google voice mail.
This is handy in you can check it online, have different greetings for different groups of contacts, even get it emailed to you and download the file.

Use 2: Give people your new number. This allows you to send some poeple directly to voice mail or answer as you see fit. and by directly i mean your phone never rings.
This also gives you the ability to set different phones to ring when someone calls your google number, aka home, office cell, and so on, depending on time and other settings.
You can also set it not to ring your cell phone at certin times. giving you do not disterb feature. But when people call your vzn number your phone will still ring.

There are a few other things i think i am missing but can't remember at the moment.

Do be warned google voice number does not do multimedia messaging.

recDNA

Reaction score
Gingerbread SUCKS...There, It's out. No more trying to convince myself it is the best thing since sliced bread.

Ya, all the super Wazoo glitz and glimmer are fine, but some of the main functions of a BUSINESS PHONE are gone, like GETTING VOICE MAIL NOTIFICATIONS, like LOOSING MY ACCESS TO EXCHANGE SERVER CONTACTS. I didn't buy this thing as a toy, or a game platform, it needs to WORK...

What are these programmers thinking when they release these things? And it's not like GB just came out yesterday, this thing is about to be replaced by ICS.

Man, I wish I could go back to FROYO...Is it even possible?????

Only if you root phone or return your current phone with a refurb.

I agree the update is crap.

VZW customer service reps are totally clueless.

VZW would charge for hitting the space bar on your keyboard if they could get away with it. They make Gordon Gecko look like an altruist.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Only if you root phone or return your current phone with a refurb.

I agree the update is crap.

VZW customer service reps are totally clueless.

VZW would charge for hitting the space bar on your keyboard if they could get away with it. They make Gordon Gecko look like an altruist.

Damn greedy capitalists. Oh, bTW, the last time I checked on their financials, they were at 2.4% after tax profit margin. Damn greedy pigs!! How dare they invest and risk billions and then force us to buy their products and make an unearthly, immoral profit of 2.4%!!

kumicho

Reaction score
Damn greedy capitalists. Oh, bTW, the last time I checked on their financials, they were at 2.4% after tax profit margin. Damn greedy pigs!! How dare they invest and risk billions and then force us to buy their products and make an unearthly, immoral profit of 2.4%!!

That's funny, because on VZ's latest financials they're showing a profit of $3.6b out of total revenue of $27.5b (ie, 13% profit margin)... And as a matter of fact, that's with the *entire* VZ profit margin, if you look at their quarterly income statement for the 2nd qtr 2011, the wireless arm is operating at a 27.1% operating margin (!!!!) while their wired line is operating at a 3% operating margin. The wireless division is carrying the wired division right now.

http://www22.verizon.com/idc/groups/public/documents/adacct/2011_2q_foi_xls.xls

Shrug. They're definitely not hurting for cash right about now.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
That's funny, because on VZ's latest financials they're showing a profit of $3.6b out of total revenue of $27.5b (ie, 13% profit margin)... And as a matter of fact, that's with the *entire* VZ profit margin, if you look at their quarterly income statement for the 2nd qtr 2011, the wireless arm is operating at a 27.1% operating margin (!!!!) while their wired line is operating at a 3% operating margin. The wireless division is carrying the wired division right now.

http://www22.verizon.com/idc/groups/public/documents/adacct/2011_2q_foi_xls.xls

Shrug. They're definitely not hurting for cash right about now.

Aw come on, it was funny with any number. Even with a profit of 13%. And everyone's wireless is carrying their wired. Wired is dying.