Ok, I was leaning towards the Boinic, BUT, after seeing some resent TB benchmarks...

n0yxl

Reaction score
I think I'll be buying a TB on the 24th!

I am getting pretty stoked; after watching some YouTube reveiws of it (wirefly, etc), and this phone has really grown on me past few days.

StevieJ

Reaction score
At first I wasn't even remotely interested in it. Then I started watching the videos, looking at the tests... Now it's very likely going to be my next phone.

msuperbauer

Reaction score
I too, was like "meh...." Then saw all the specs, video reviews and read all the stuff about more root friendly and such verses the upcoming Motorola and now, here I am, Just like I was with the x (less than a year ago?!?!) looking over every forum, every new video or review, clinging to all the release date rumors and basically driving myself bananas!)... Again.... I need to get this phone and leave all android forums so I can stay happy with a phone for longer than 6 months.. lol

stumbleflyx

Reaction score
Your up pretty late thinking about it. The marketing is crazy for these things. I like what htc is pushingthough. Thunderbolt Marketing is very stylish . Did u see the dlna hdmi connector they sell?

sent from stock dx

stumbleflyx

Reaction score
Motarolla,apple, htc are selling style I think at least the way they are being marketed. Sigmond frueds nephew devoloped PR which used to be called propaganda. There is a good 4 part documentary called "The Centery of the Self" on freedocumtaries.org documenting the story of how company's find out are deep desires and market to those feelings we as humans all have inside. The reason why we are getting bored is the media. They are marketing electronics to us like each new thing is the end all be all. Its like a monkey with a banana behind the glass or a donkey with a carrot stuck between the crack of a rock. Its pretty crazy how big marketing has become. With that said I like htc's style. Is it the holy grail of cell phones, is the bionic? Probably not but why do we want an android or apple phone in the first place? Is it so we have something to be on the forums with? Yes it is bringing us all closer together and it is also bringing the media hype closer as well. I think that to synce with google and integrate our media for social and business is essential. How well can one do that over the other? Why should battery life be a deal breaker if you can get a better battery?

sent from stock dx

brock

Reaction score
only thing that turned me off was the size of the battery. have fun charging the TB

OP
n0yxl

n0yxl

Reaction score
only thing that turned me off was the size of the battery. have fun charging the TB

LOL, yeah. Though it's noted that the 2nd Gen Snapdragon drinks battery at a slower pace than the 1st gen did. Also, I've heard that the LTE radio takes less power to operate; than the CDMA, and WiMax radios do... we'll see!

DebDroid

Reaction score
I don't know about any of y'all but I always carry my charger around wherever I go. I have one at work, one in my car and one at home. I have a Droid 1 right now and the battery life is okay but not great (especially when I start checking my email and responding to posts etc). I also have an iPod Touch and I carry a charger for that too.....I do wish THAT had a universal charger, though.

brock

Reaction score
i REALLY wanted the bolt, but if you look at the battery specs compared to bionic.. dear lord.

Blackhawk55

Reaction score
i REALLY wanted the bolt, but if you look at the battery specs compared to bionic.. dear lord.

So you have specs on battery consumption as well? Just knowing the battery output is only half the story, isn't it?