Ok I rooted my droid 2 global using z4root but now Idk what to do

Rkrajnov

Reaction score
I heard I should make a backup or something using sprecovery but every guide i see for it is for the droid 1. Also what do I need to overclock the droid? What other things should I look into? I want to make sure I'm getting the right info so I don't **** up my phone.

trook

Reaction score
Now you need to download droid 2 bootstrap, you can find it in the market or for free on koush's website. Koush is the creator so if you just google koush's bootstrap, you'll find it. When you put the bootstrap on your phone, open it press bootstrap recovery, then the superuser prompt will come up, tap allow to grant that app su privileges. The bootstrap installs clockwork recovery which is similar to sp recovery. after you tap bootstrap recovery and grant su permission, tap reboot recovery and your phone will boot into clockwork, clockwork is gonna look like an old 80's computer, just black background with green text. use the volume keys on your phone to move the cursor, your camera button to select, and the power button to go back one page. once your in clockwork navigate down to the backup/restore option, press the camera to select, then select backup. it will take about 5 minutes and it will scroll and flash numbers and words at you very quickly, this is normal, let it do its thing. When its done you will have a nandroid backup incase you mess something up. Also, back up your contacts to gmail before doing any flashing or they might be gone for good. You should go to the hacking/rom install class located in the hacks section in this forum, anything you might need such as the bootstrap and sbf files are located there along with alot of other things you need to know. overclocking can be done with apps like droid x/2 overclock and milestone overclock or in the fission rom manager. Sorry for hitting you with all of this but I type really fast.....

Last edited:
OP
R

Rkrajnov

Reaction score
Now you need to download droid 2 bootstrap, you can find it in the market or for free on koush's website. Koush is the creator so if you just google koush's bootstrap, you'll find it. When you put the bootstrap on your phone, open it press bootstrap recovery, then the superuser prompt will come up, tap allow to grant that app su privileges. The bootstrap installs clockwork recovery which is similar to sp recovery. after you tap bootstrap recovery and grant su permission, tap reboot recovery and your phone will boot into clockwork, clockwork is gonna look like an old 80's computer, just black background with green text. use the volume keys on your phone to move the cursor, your camera button to select, and the power button to go back one page. once your in clockwork navigate down to the backup/restore option, press the camera to select, then select backup. it will take about 5 minutes and it will scroll and flash numbers and words at you very quickly, this is normal, let it do its thing. When its done you will have a nandroid backup incase you mess something up. Also, back up your contacts to gmail before doing any flashing or they might be gone for good. You should go to the hacking/rom install class located in the hacks section in this forum, anything you might need such as the bootstrap and sbf files are located there along with alot of other things you need to know. overclocking can be done with apps like droid x/2 overclock and milestone overclock or in the fission rom manager. Sorry for hitting you with all of this but I type really fast.....

Thanks a lot. Very helpful post. I'm gonna attempt to begin this now. I will definitely check out the hacking/rom install class too.

I'm sure I'll end up reporting back with some kind of question within the next day or two. Thanks again.