OK i didnt buy my droid from Verizon but...

Busteddroid

Reaction score
Yea i bought my droid off a friend in May 2010 ( stil brand new in box never turned on ) And the network im on is Page Plus ( If im correct its owned by Verizon ) BUT anywho..if u havnt seen my thread about my droid screen touch screen not working any more, i couldnt figure how to fix it." http://www.droidforums.net/forum/te...ns/84016-okkaaay-i-have-impossible-issue.html " Well i was told to take it into Verizon, but my Question is.....will i be able to take my phone to Verizon and get a replacement?? ( since i didnt buy it from verizon store) Or am i assed out, and have to buy a new phone? I heard if the phone wasnt a year old i still have a warrenty regardless where i purchased it from is that true? Thanks jus wondering i was curious. and SOOOO tired of using a magnet jus to txt. because since the touchscreen dosnt work i get " force close" wen i try to make a call or vieww my contacts it BLOOOWS!! :icon_evil:

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure that whatever method that you used to flash it to page plus voided the warranty.

Sent from my rooted Galaxy Tab

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Sorry, your warranty has been voided.

Yea i bought my droid off a friend in May 2010 ( stil brand new in box never turned on ) And the network im on is Page Plus ( If im correct its owned by Verizon ) BUT anywho..if u havnt seen my thread about my droid screen touch screen not working any more, i couldnt figure how to fix it." http://www.droidforums.net/forum/te...ns/84016-okkaaay-i-have-impossible-issue.html " Well i was told to take it into Verizon, but my Question is.....will i be able to take my phone to Verizon and get a replacement?? ( since i didnt buy it from verizon store) Or am i assed out, and have to buy a new phone? I heard if the phone wasnt a year old i still have a warrenty regardless where i purchased it from is that true? Thanks jus wondering i was curious. and SOOOO tired of using a magnet jus to txt. because since the touchscreen dosnt work i get " force close" wen i try to make a call or vieww my contacts it BLOOOWS!! :icon_evil:

DroidForums junkie!!

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
And no, Page Plus is not associated with Verizon Wireless.

DroidForums junkie!!

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Ahhh yes, warranty fraud...why didn't I think of that??
Still won't work because Verizon will have 0 access to the account since it doesn't have a Verizon account.

Just flash it back to Verizon network long enough to replace it.

DroidForums junkie!!

Reaction score
Yeah the only way that might work is if you got the droid on a contract originally and left that line active. And even then I doubt it.

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Droid DOES,

Page Plus does use VZW's network.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
They roam off of SOME (small percentage) of our network..as do some other carriers, true. But, that in no way means that a Page Plus (or Straight Talk) customer is a Verizon customer at all. I was mainly pointing that out concerning the "owned by Verizon" statement, that's all.

Droid DOES,

Page Plus does use VZW's network.

DroidForums junkie!!

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
They roam off of SOME (small percentage) of our network..as do some other carriers, true. But, that in no way means that a Page Plus (or Straight Talk) customer is a Verizon customer at all. I was mainly pointing that out concerning the "owned by Verizon" statement, that's all.

DroidForums junkie!!

I'm not trying to nit-pick, but that's not true, either. They use VZW's entire network, including Alltel integration. It's not just roaming, Page Plus' network is Verizon's network.

No, the billing systems are different, but they are somewhat still integrated. If you have an active phone on Page Plus, it can't be activated on VZW, and vice-versa.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Verizon prepaid doesn't even use the entire network, nor would other prepaid "affiliates" of Verizon. I have personally (and professionally) converted customers from Page Plus to us (same model phone) and they have reported MUCH better service..?

DroidForums junkie!!

I'm not trying to nit-pick, but that's not true, either. They use VZW's entire network, including Alltel integration. It's not just roaming, Page Plus' network is Verizon's network.

No, the billing systems are different, but they are somewhat still integrated. If you have an active phone on Page Plus, it can't be activated on VZW, and vice-versa.

DroidForums junkie!!

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Verizon prepaid doesn't even use the entire network, nor would other prepaid "affiliates" of Verizon. I have personally (and professionally) converted customers from Page Plus to us (same model phone) and they have reported MUCH better service..?

DroidForums junkie!!

If you say so, but I'm almost positive it's all in their head. I've used both services, and there is no difference at all.

Netkeys

Reaction score

DroidForums junkie!!

If you say so, but I'm almost positive it's all in their head. I've used both services, and there is no difference at all.

I also agree. I was with Verizon for years and switched to Page Plus in August and haven't seen any difference at all. I should qualify that. The cost has dropped greatly. From over 70.00 to 32.45 taxes included for 2 phones.

Also you don't need to flash a smart phone for Page Plus use. Just give Page Plus the ESN number of your smart phone and 2 minutes latter your set to go. There are some models not permitted on Page Plus like Verizon prepaid phones and Black Berry's but the rest work if the smart phones without without any change. The non smart phones do require changing proxy servers for web and mms service.

OP
B

Busteddroid

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure that whatever method that you used to flash it to page plus voided the warranty.

Uhh........my fone isnt "Flashed" All i did was give the company my ESN and bing bang boom, i was service i didnt have to do anything extra......This is why i was asking if my phone still has a warrenty. BUT i am preety sure that Verizon is affiliated with Page plus the person who activated my phone told me this info..

DroidForums junkie!!

I also agree. I was with Verizon for years and switched to Page Plus in August and haven't seen any difference at all. I should qualify that. The cost has dropped greatly. From over 70.00 to 32.45 taxes included for 2 phones.

Also you don't need to flash a smart phone for Page Plus use. Just give Page Plus the ESN number of your smart phone and 2 minutes latter your set to go. There are some models not permitted on Page Plus like Verizon prepaid phones and Black Berry's but the rest work if the smart phones without without any change. The non smart phones do require changing proxy servers for web and mms service.

^^ yes hes correct , u dnt have to flash the droid for page plus. and I think it is the same network basically, all my family has verizon. But then again i could be rong.

SOo with that being said. Since my phone " WASN'T" Flashed. And i DO have page plus service that is active. can i take it to verizon for a warrenty exchange? or somthing among thouse lines?

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Sure can't! When you walk in and they can't pull up your account and you tell them its on Page Plus, you will be told nothing can be done.

Uhh........my fone isnt "Flashed" All i did was give the company my ESN and bing bang boom, i was service i didnt have to do anything extra......This is why i was asking if my phone still has a warrenty. BUT i am preety sure that Verizon is affiliated with Page plus the person who activated my phone told me this info..

^^ yes hes correct , u dnt have to flash the droid for page plus. and I think it is the same network basically, all my family has verizon. But then again i could be rong.

SOo with that being said. Since my phone " WASN'T" Flashed. And i DO have page plus service that is active. can i take it to verizon for a warrenty exchange? or somthing among thouse lines?

DroidForums junkie!!