OK, I am officially Impressed.

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by devildog9999, Mar 8, 2010.

1. devildog9999

devildog9999 Member

I am BLOWN away by the sheer quality of music on my Droid. I "finally" got around to loading a few hundred mp3's on it, and hooked it up to my PC speaker setup.... all I can say is WOW. This device BLOWS AWAY my laptop using the same exact speakers. The clarity and quality is genius.

Yet ANOTHER +1 for the Droid.

(Sorry if alreadfy posted, but I am just in shock of the quality) :icon_ banana:
  2. Vulcan1600

Vulcan1600 DF Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

I'm glad you're into the sound on the Droid. Me personally, I never could see the usefulness of an iPod, and to me the mp3's play just fine on the Droid too.
  3. devildog9999

devildog9999 Member

Even Pandora on the Droid through my PC Speakers is by FAR better than my PC, or Laptop... Either the Droid's music engine is that good, or I have two pc's with poor sound cards! lol!!
  4. unix.punkx

unix.punkx New Member

Yeah I always thought the iPhone was decent. Not amazing, could be better. Then I got my Droid and was BLOWN AWAY about how amazing the speaker quality is.
  5. jsh1120

jsh1120 New Member

Can you say 40gigs of music? :) And a battery that lasts for a couple of days? I love my Droid and find its MP3 capabilities to be excellent, especially in combination with DoubleTwist to download content. But when I want to listen to tunes on a long motorcycle trip, I use my iPod and my Shure earphones inside my helmet. Can't get phone calls, of course. But that's why I'm on the bike...so I can't get phone calls. :icon_ banana:
  6. billyk

billyk New Member

What's an iPod?

=)
  7. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

Sorry if I'm a bit behind the times on this one. When you guys hook your Droid up to the stereo do you do so by RCA cable? And does it split into a left and a right?
  8. RW-1

RW-1 New Member

That arguement will be moot when 32Gb SD's, and ext slim batt's hit the market :)
  9. Shadez

Shadez Super Mod/News Team Staff Member Premium Member

Ditto..I was also shocked how well the sound is, from just the phones speakers..
  10. MNTNBKR

MNTNBKR Member

Yep, I use a 3.5mm to RCA splitter in my car and in my house. I too was pretty astonished at the audio output from the Droid. It sounded far better than the Sirius receiver that I previously had set up in my car.
  11. Vulcan1600

Vulcan1600 DF Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

I mostly listen to Pandora and Slacker with my Droid, and very little .mp3's. You do bring up an excellent point about motorcycle riding. I do want to listen to music while riding this year and the Droid will have a problem holding a charge. I'm going to rig up a cigarette lighter plug to my Vulcan battery and operate it that way. I'm curious if you can link me to what earphones you're using in your helmet. I had been using stock ones that came with my Storm, they worked but not too comfortable. And, this year I'm going for the Iron Butt award - 1,000 miles in 24 hours or less so the music will be nice.