ok, i almost got it...

blackbear

Reaction score
So i have a og droid. rooted fine.
flashed steel droid. boot loop. fixed that but didnt really like the 2.2.2
flashed ultimate droid and it was love at first byte. dropped the 1.6 liquid slayher kernel and it freaking flies now...now the problems.

So, i cant seem to get apps back on my phone. Ive factory reset, cleared cache, cleared data from the market, download manager, and the everywhere else i can think and still i cant get all my apps back. they all load and then it says the installion unsuccessful. tryed wifi and 3 g. at one point the os would not even let me load apps from the sd card! its pretty crazy andim fresh out of ideas. ive loaded all the apps i can to the sd card and STILL have like 171mb of internal mem.

Any ideas or help that some one can provide me would be great.

theres gotta me something im missing or something with ultimate droid rom that im not familiar with.

first time rooting and flashing a rom or kernel so be kind. :icon_ banana:

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
You cannot get any apps back - or only certain ones ?

OP
B

blackbear

Reaction score
it doesnt matter which ones. i tried to get nfl mobile and it wouldnt load, then tried abode flash and it would load. factory wiped in recovery and then flash WOULD load but nfl would not. it does not matter what the app is which makes me think its the memory or something?? also like i said, i have a cps2hd emulator and had it one last night but then today it will not install from the sd card via astro

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Can you recover your old OS? Did you make a back up?

That's the only thing left, you've done everything I can think of.

OP
B

blackbear

Reaction score
im using 2.5.0(?) UD. I got all the zips still. Yes i made a nandroid back up, actually a couple. Soooo what?? just start over?? why would it be doing this?? there isnt anything like preventing rooted phones from getting apps from the market is there?!?! i REALLY like UD 2.5.0 and this is the only flaw, expect with the built in apps - it should tell you if there were installed sucessfully as well...only complaint. any ideas?!?!?!?!?

THANKYOU!!!! and dont worry,i ll call you Hook...lol...

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'd do a recovery of my last OS and then try flashing the ROM again. Yes, basically start over.

There simply isn't anything more to do since you've done everything else. You got to have your apps back, specially your paid ones.

If you experience the same thing after you flash the ROM a second time then I would say it's the ROM no doubt. I have some unconfirmed information that thie last couple of UD ROMs were not exactly quality controlled. That's all I'll say. So try it again and see what happens.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
IMO the best version of UD was 2.3 - it has the same UI as 2.5 without all of the bugs

OP
B

blackbear

Reaction score
damn. ok. I knew going into this getting the lastest and greatest has its own...adventures...but im pretty pleased with the control and the bootanime, shoot - everything about it, but im a TOTAL noob and havent even flashed cyan mod to my droid. and yes, i want my paid apps back! they are all there and the market is signed in correctly so its not that it doesnt know me but it will not install and it doesnt matter what the hell it is app wise.

Thank you thank you thank you again. i was a little nervous about posting but damn if you guys are right on this stuff!

OP
B

blackbear

Reaction score
quick question. will i have to reload my kernel as well as the rom? any roms that you would suggest?? apps2sd and speed are the keys but built in apps and themes/background right out the box is a huge plus...also liked UD cause is black and kinda dark...

sugestions welcome...thx