Ok, Here are my issues with my TB

phil1166

Reaction score
The current Thunderbolt I have was a replacement for the original. I cracked my screen and had the phone replaced, which I'm sure is a refurbished phone. Here are my issues:
1. Battery life ( which is the most obvious one)
2. When there is no 4G, the 3G barely lets me on the internet. 3G connectivity sucks
3. The phone will get incredibly hot after a while, which I'm sure has to do with battery
4. Sometimes texting is an issue. It seems to gets stuck at times and sending media such as pics will not send at times

I know the last update was supposed to fix a lot of these issues but i never got it. I still check for it everyday and nothing.

Any ideas what I should. Should I call Verizon? Should I call HTC. This phone is great when there is 4G or WiFi around, but going away it becomes a problem. Advice please!

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
It is quite possible that they sent you a dud replacement...so perhaps you should try to call VZW and complain that the replacement isn't working right and see if you can get them to send you another.

The other option is to root the Bolt and flash the MR2 or MR2.5 raDIO, ALONG WITH A NICE rom, MY SEGGESTION WOULD BE gINGERITIS 3d..

OP
P

phil1166

Reaction score
It is quite possible that they sent you a dud replacement...so perhaps you should try to call VZW and complain that the replacement isn't working right and see if you can get them to send you another.

The other option is to root the Bolt and flash the MR2 or MR2.5 raDIO, ALONG WITH A NICE rom, MY SEGGESTION WOULD BE gINGERITIS 3d..

do you have a direct link to it? I've been reluctant to root, but I'm seriously considering it.

JRParsons

Reaction score
I've gotten 4 refurbs on two or three different devices, and only one of them didn't have issues. 1. Bad charging port, 2. Defective slide out keyboard, 3. Good phone, 4. Dead pixel(s) in screen.
If you got a refurb, you most likely got a POS.

Since the last update my thunderbolt has been flawless, and with juice defender set to aggressive, I get almost 12 hours on my stock battery with moderate to heavy use.

Sent from my Illudium PU-36 Explosive Space Modulator

OP
P

phil1166

Reaction score
Just called Verizon and they're sending me a replacement. Hopefully I will have no issues on the new one!

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Just called Verizon and they're sending me a replacement. Hopefully I will have no issues on the new one!
Cool... yeah once you get the new one you can then decide if you'd still like to root or not to root...;)

kookk

Reaction score
I encourgane you to root, which is a lengthy, but very easy process.

After root I flashed a few roms and like cm7 best. I usually end an 8 hour day with 60-70 percent battery after moderate use. Texting, gaming, a little browsing.

Sent from my ThunderBolt using DroidForums

OP
P

phil1166

Reaction score
Got my replacement & so far so good. All of the issues that I had with the other phone are non existant. Great phone!

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

badbeat33

Reaction score
I've gotten 4 refurbs on two or three different devices, and only one of them didn't have issues. 1. Bad charging port, 2. Defective slide out keyboard, 3. Good phone, 4. Dead pixel(s) in screen.
If you got a refurb, you most likely got a POS.

Since the last update my thunderbolt has been flawless, and with juice defender set to aggressive, I get almost 12 hours on my stock battery with moderate to heavy use.

Slide out keyboard?? U sure ur in the right forum?

sent from my thunderbolt

JRParsons

Reaction score
Sorry, wasn't clear. 4 refurbs various devices. Only one refurbished thunderbolt, the one with the dead pixels. The others were 2 touch pro II's and another windows mobile device, don't remember the name, had it about 3 or 4 years ago.

JRParsons

Reaction score
Slide out keyboard?? U sure ur in the right forum?

sent from my thunderbolt

Your Thunderbolt doesn't have a slider? You got ripped off, I'd call VW and demand you get one of the ones with the slideout keyboard.

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Got my replacement & so far so good. All of the issues that I had with the other phone are non existant. Great phone!

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

That's great to hear bro...enjoy your new TBolt...;)