Ok Google, why!!??

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
It took FAR to long for 16GB base models to go away. 32 should have been base in the first Nexus. Its insane Apple still offers a 16. I just don't get companies some time. How do you make sure no one misses storage? Simple!
As for batteries? Its not carrying 2 around that appeals to me. Its getting a brand new battery every 12 months. I might keep this phone for 3 years if I could swap a battery. But instead I'll get a new phone probably the day my contract ends.

TapaTurbo

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
Re: cutting down on manufacturing costs. I have a hard time believing the S6 is cheaper to make then the S5.

TapaTurbo
Probably not cheaper than the S5 but cheaper than it would have been if it had a removable battery and all that.

Note 4Tified

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
It took FAR to long for 16GB base models to go away. 32 should have been base in the first Nexus. Its insane Apple still offers a 16. I just don't get companies some time. How do you make sure no one misses storage? Simple!
As for batteries? Its not carrying 2 around that appeals to me. Its getting a brand new battery every 12 months. I might keep this phone for 3 years if I could swap a battery. But instead I'll get a new phone probably the day my contract ends.

TapaTurbo
16GB is still around and hasn't gone anywhere. Look at the Droid MAXX, it's now 16GB only from VZW. Why do you need a new phone after 12 months? Lithium-ion batteries should last longer than a year. My Droid MAXX is coming up on 2 years and I still get almost the same battery life span. Unlike my 9.9v NiCad I used to use for my RCs back in the day. They would take maybe 100 charges and die off quickly.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
16GB is going bye bye and should have gone bye bye years ago. What do you mean it's not going anywhere?
Because you can buy ONE phone with 16? Or you can buy last years S5 and get 16. 16GB phones are far and few between in 2015. As it should be.
In my experience, batteries start to degrade right around 18 months. If I could, I would be proactive and replace every 12. Just because I could. :D

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
I read your post as "16GB is already gone". Which I wish were true.