OK, Explain it to me like I'm a 3yr old...

butch350

Reaction score
well not
literally. But

WTF is the difference between the "SWYPE" and the "SLIDE IT" keyboards
other than the "SLIDE IT" having a lot more nifty features?

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
It's like asking what the difference is between Ford and Chevy. Everyone's going to have different answers, and there are some feature differences, but they both achieve the same thing.

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
well not
literally. But

WTF is the difference between the "SWYPE" and the "SLIDE IT" keyboards
other than the "SLIDE IT" having a lot more nifty features?

What "nifty features" are you referring to? I've used both rather extensively (as well as Shapewriter) and while I found SlideIt to be a good application, I still prefer Swype.

Not saying you're wrong. Just cannot think offhand of features SlideIt has that Swype lacks.

jigsawkilr

Reaction score
+1 to SlideIT. Ever since the Beta version of Swype came out, now when I re-boot my device I have to uninstall and then reinstall Swype to get it to work again. Don't have that with SlideIT. I think the next time I need to re-boot I will leave it uninstalled and run SlideIT

hondaguy520

Reaction score
i prefer swype because it is from one of the makers of T9WORD, and i believe swype was first, and i hate impostors and copiers

RyanS2000

Reaction score
[...]now when I re-boot my device I have to uninstall and then reinstall Swype to get it to work again. Don't have that with SlideIT. I think the next time I need to re-boot I will leave it uninstalled and run SlideIT

If you are referring to the msg at reboot "Swype is not configured for this device so will have limited functionality" then you can get it to work properly again by killing the process or by switching back to Android kb then back to Swype. No need to totally reinstall it. Swype developers are well aware of this and it should be resolved very soon per their forums.

+1 swype

cb3FSU

Reaction score
[...]now when I re-boot my device I have to uninstall and then reinstall Swype to get it to work again. Don't have that with SlideIT. I think the next time I need to re-boot I will leave it uninstalled and run SlideIT

If you are referring to the msg at reboot "Swype is not configured for this device so will have limited functionality" then you can get it to work properly again by killing the process or by switching back to Android kb then back to Swype. No need to totally reinstall it. Swype developers are well aware of this and it should be resolved very soon per their forums.

+1 swype

theres a link in the apps forum to the correct version of swype. i was having the same problem, now it works perfectly

papy72

Reaction score
I can't even get swype to work. Every time I tried to swype a word my phone would just give me an error beep. Had to actually type the words out just like the stock android KB.

So I uninstalled it.

hondaguy520

Reaction score