Ok am I retarted.... (s off)

Discussion in 'HTC Rezound Development' started by Ja5on L, Mar 4, 2012.

1. Ja5on L

Ja5on L New Member

Unlocked the Bootloader, confirmed it etc, however S is on and it is the only thing that I can think of that wont let me install Amon Ra after the stupid OTA update. Of course I can't search S off because it is too Comon... I am about to throw this thing can't win today.

Help plz
  2. Insidious

Insidious New Member

Boot loader unlock keeps security on. That means custom kernels and radios have to be flashed through fastboot. We do not currently have s-off, but if we did the only advantage would be, being able to flash just about anything using a custom recovery.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums
  3. Ja5on L

Ja5on L New Member

Ok so then why can't I install Amon haha. I don't get it this isn't my first bbq but NOTHING works. I have literally been doing this for hours and can't find my mistake if I even made one.

I placed the boot img in the same folder as fastboot

I go through the process here http://www.droidforums.net/forum/ht...recovery-amon-ra-recovery-image-fastboot.html

Run the command (without the quotes) "fastboot flash recovery [nameoffile].img" where [nameoffile] is the actual file name of the image file and don't forget the ".img" extension.

Do that and all I get is a message in the command prompt that says Cannot load recovery-ra-vigor-3.13-gnm.img and basically does nothing past that.

I installed new HTC drivers, uninstalled sync.

At a loss....
  4. Insidious

Insidious New Member

Hmmm. What message are you getting when you try to flash it. What I did was I renamed the recovery to nameofrecovery.img and used this command after I was mounted into c:\Android (that has everything in it for my computer specifically). I then just followed the directions.

5. Ja5on L

Ja5on L New Member

The message literally says "cannot load recovery-ra-vigor-3.13-gnm.img" the file name is as it was from the download.
  6. Insidious

Insidious New Member

Okay.... You're rooted and in fast boot right?

7. Ja5on L

Ja5on L New Member

I was rooted till the OTA update, now the one click root doesn't work so I am trying to install Amon Ra so I can be rooted again.

The OTA really messed me up, Titanium Backup would work but I couldn't access it lol.
  8. Insidious

Insidious New Member

Dang.... So the .bat file doesn't root you?

9. Ja5on L

Ja5on L New Member

I even tried putting the PH98.IMG zip on the SD card and applying update from SD card in the stock bootloader and that just gave me an error in the cache partition.
  10. Ja5on L

Ja5on L New Member

what .bat file?
  11. Ja5on L

Ja5on L New Member

Even tried the new 3.14 version of Amon Ra file and nothing. I am about [.] that close to going back to my Old Droid X haha
  12. Ja5on L

Ja5on L New Member

I also tried the CW version, same error. So any suggestions on how I can get this thing to work in Fastboot mode. I am guessing it's not a file issue but a fastboot issue. Are there different versions? I went through the unlock process via fastboot and it worked fine though.... I am really lost here folks, there is a smashed rezound in my near future.
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2012
  13. Ja5on L

Ja5on L New Member

I tossed the zip file on the external SD card with the newest img file in it that I could find and I got a "Main version is older" msg in the HBOOT section and only gave me the option to reboot phone.
  14. MrSmith317

MrSmith317 Moderator Premium Member

Then you have to use fastboot or follow the method for changing the mainver in android-info.txt before flashing.
  15. Ja5on L

Ja5on L New Member

So if I change the mainver date in the Amon ra text file I should be able to run it and be re-rooted?
  16. Ja5on L

Ja5on L New Member

annnnnnd brick lol. I am downloading the stock rom now will have to throw that on the SD card and hopefully I can access recovery and fix it.
  17. macpro88

macpro88 DF Super Moderator

Did you make sure that you placed the recovery image in the same directory as fastboot? I didn't see any mention of this, having an unlocked bootloader, you should be able to flash recoveries just fine.

Main version should also NOT affect weather or not you can flash a recovery, the version relates to what RUU/Kernel/ROM you can flash.
  18. MrSmith317

Man, I completely gapped the fact that he's trying to load Amon-Ra. I saw Mainver and started down my "flashing a kernel" thought path. Listen to MacPro...Not me...he clearly pays attention. lol
  19. Ja5on L

Ja5on L New Member

Yes I did and it wont load it no matter what I try, uninstalled drivers, reinstalled, uninstalled sync, stood on one leg and wore a funny hat nothing.

In my case it does I guess. Changing the Mainver actually allowed me to install AmonRa - Problem is everything flashed installed SU and I went back to recovery and wiped to flash clean rom and I guess the phone didn't like it because it literally reverted from the "installing" prompt in the clean rom install back to the stock recovery screen then rebooted and just stuck at the HTC screen for over an hour till the battery died, so I pulled it and set it on the charger all night. Now the battery is charged and I can boot into the HBoot screen but says the Mainver is older again. So I am guessing something didn't take and the phone doesn't work at all. So I have a stock OS I guess I need to try and install and re-start everything.

Actually your advice was the only thing that allowed me to get anything installed on the phone haha.
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2012
  20. MrSmith317

Search tags for this page

amon ra main version is older

cleanrom gbe 1.7.5 download
hboot main version is older
htc incredible s cannot load message thread