Ohio state email account

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Thanks for the write up binks! I went ahead and used the exchange (I think thats what its called) option at the beginning instead of going into the other IMAP/POP option and it set up pretty easily...

O-H!

yea thats just what OSU uses for their email - i have mine set up under that too

also you could always call IT support and theyre always glad to help out

formoeonly

Reaction score
None of this is working...

Hello,
I have tried to set up my friend’s OSU email account on her Motorola Droid, but none of the settings listed by any of these users on this post have worked for me. I have tried more than 10 different ways of setting this up and have not been successful. I even called Verizon and the I/T Dept at OSU and have just gotten the run around from all of them; Verizon points the finger at OSU I/T and OSU I/T just tells me to call a different number. My friend seems to think that it has something to do with faculty email accounts vs. student email accounts, but she is a student. It is odd because I had no issues setting up my Droid, but I am in NC and use roadrunner, and she uses OSU email in OH. Her email address is @osu.edu not buckeyemail.osu.edu
Can anyone please give me any additional information that can help us? Could it be that her phone is a Droid, not an Incredible? Please help :(
Thanks,
Moe

formoeonly

Reaction score
I got the OUS email account to work :)

Hello once again, I wanted to let everyone know that I have finally successfully set up the OSU email. The problem was that my friend had not migrated to the lastname.#@buckeyemail.osu.edu email setup, from the old lastname.#@osu.edu email setup at the end of the year in 2009 (LOL! Silly me). Once I migrated her OSU email account, I was able to set it up on her Motorola Droid with ease using the steps listed in this post (those steps were as follows):
Open up Mail and hit New Account, then "Other (POP3/IMAP)".

Put in your email address (lastname.#@buckeyemail.osu.edu) and your email password and press Next to make sure you typed it all in correctly.

Protocal: IMAP
Email Address: (should already be filled, but make sure it's still) lastname.#@buckeyemail.osu.edu
Username: (same as email address) lastname.#@buckeyemail.osu.edu
Password: (should already be filled, but again, make sure it's there)
IMAP Server: outlook.com
Security Type: SSL
Server Port: 993

Press Next to make sure that all works, then you'll get the outgoing server settings screen. Make sure the Login Required checkbox is checked and that your username and password are still filled out and correct.

SMTP Server: pod51000.outlook.com
Security Type: TLS
Server Port: 25

Hit Next and then fill in the account name you want to give it and the name you want to put down as your accountholder name, then press Finish Setup and you're good.

Reference: - Instructions for Checking Buckeye Mail

Thanks so much jjbinks11 for posting these steps, it worked perfectly. This site is AWESOME, and everyone is so helpful. Thanks again everyone.
Moe
dancedroid

compulsiveguile

Reaction score
Hello once again, I wanted to let everyone know that I have finally successfully set up the OSU email. The problem was that my friend had not migrated to the lastname.#@buckeyemail.osu.edu email setup, from the old lastname.#@osu.edu email setup at the end of the year in 2009 (LOL! Silly me). Once I migrated her OSU email account, I was able to set it up on her Motorola Droid with ease using the steps listed in this post (those steps were as follows):

Put in your email address (lastname.#@buckeyemail.osu.edu) and your email password and press Next to make sure you typed it all in correctly.

Email Address: (should already be filled, but make sure it's still) lastname.#@buckeyemail.osu.edu

Press Next to make sure that all works, then you'll get the outgoing server settings screen. Make sure the Login Required checkbox is checked and that your username and password are still filled out and correct.

Hit Next and then fill in the account name you want to give it and the name you want to put down as your accountholder name, then press Finish Setup and you're good.

Thanks so much jjbinks11 for posting these steps, it worked perfectly. This site is AWESOME, and everyone is so helpful. Thanks again everyone.
Moe
dancedroid

Perfect... just got the Droid and was looking for this information. Always nice running into fellow OSU students. Thanks so much!

buckeyechick11

Reaction score
I just purchased a Motorola Droid X and set up my Ohio state email using the walkthrough provided here. I now can receive email but can't send them out. Everytime I try it notifies me of an Authentication Error sending. Any ideas? I've talked to both Verizon and IT and they can't tell me anything.
Thanks for the help!

buckeyechick11

Reaction score
I found out that you can not change the security to TLS, which is what was required for my email. I ended up downloading an email program from the market and now it's working.

golittlerecordgo

Reaction score
Anybody willing to share the name of the exchange server? I can't find it at the help desk, and need to add my buckeyemail account to my droid x. Thanks!

STIDRIVER

Reaction score
Maybe it won't work because its OSU? Go Blue! :icon_ banana: LOL!!!

Maybe it won't work because its OSU? Go Blue! :icon_ banana: LOL!!!
Amen to that!!

2355 ...In case you were wondering, thats how many days its been since that group of bodies you guys consider a team has beaten The Ohio State University in football. ;)

Funny how OSU fans memories only go back 7 years.... Look at the history... Michigan is ahead 57-43... National titles 11 to 7... Big Ten titles 42-34. The only thing OSU is good for is to go to the championship and get slammed by the SEC, making the Big Ten look like a bunch of chumps... Yes, your team is better right now... but dont get used to it...

GO BLUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I set up my OSU account for the moto droid when i had it. Now that i have the incredible I'm trying to setup my email and i cant get it to work. I want to set it up as an IMAP account as it was a POP on the moto and became annoying with the multiple messages. It is an outlook account. anyway, here is the settings.

username: entered
pass: entered
STMP server: It's trying to put in buckeyemail.osu.edu but I'm trying to follow this setup for the blackberry from my school's website Configuring a BlackBerry To Sync With Buckeye Mail and it's telling me to enter pod51000@outlook
security type: SSL
port: 443

any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

So 8help doesn't have a good write-up for how to go about setting up Buckeyemail successfully on any Android system, but after emailing them about it, and doing a hodgepodge of a few other tutorials I came up with this system that actually works.

Sorry to the Georgia and UF posters, I don't know your email system. And to those great guys from m*ch*g@n, how were those past two years at home for the holidays? Probably chilly...

Anybody willing to share the name of the exchange server? I can't find it at the help desk, and need to add my buckeyemail account to my droid x. Thanks!

look at the quote above. its #12 in this thread. has all the info you need.

OH

golittlerecordgo

Reaction score
I SWEAR I tried that several times last night--to no avail. But I decided to try it again and it worked. No idea what I was doing wrong, but I really appreciate the help.

golittlerecordgo

Reaction score
Actually, after further tests, I'm having the same problem as others in this thread: incoming is fine, my folders all sync, but no outgoing messages. I thought we were on an exchange server?