Oh No! Bad Droid!

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by Ann Droid, Apr 3, 2010.

1. Ann Droid

Ann Droid New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I posted this in another area but wanted to re post it here if that's OK?

from the Motorola Droid thread...

Originally Posted by MotoRolla [​IMG]
    "I don't know how many people other than myself had this issue, but I was able to clear it up after tons of frustration. My error was slightly different (it said CODE CORRUPT under the boot loader numbers) but all that it needed to work again was:
    1. Removing the battery and MicroSD card.
    2. Replacing the battery after about a minute
    3. Booting (past the error) and properly shutting the phone down from the menu.
    4. Remove battery, replace MicroSD, replace battery, reboot and serve.

Boots and reboots fine for me now."

I too have the "Code Corrupt" under the boot loader numbers.
    Yesterday, I had manually installed the latest 2.1 update to my droid with no problems. Everything was working OK, but I, as with as a number of other people, was experiencing a noticable lag in performance. The scrolling was "twitchy/choppy" and ran pretty sluggish. I decided to flash my droid back to 2.01 using the .sbf files posted on another forum. Everything seemed to be working well until the very end at 99% when I received the Flash Failed (have tried this numerous times)....Also, my sd card is not readable anymore? I've pulled it out, installed it in a card reader and...nothing, nada, zip! Can't access it and doesn't even recognize it...

I've given up on trying to fix it (tried evrything that has been mentioned in other "forums")

I would like to get a replacement, but am not sure on how to go about this. I've had the phone for less than 2 weeks and also have insurance on it. Any suggestions?

2. pc747

pc747 DF Administrator Staff Member Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +1,603

As you know your root files are on the sdcard. Just keep the sdcard and turn the droid in. If they asked why you kept the sdcard; state you have pictures that you want and you was not able to transfer them to your computer because of the phone problem. Just make sure the phone do not have root related apps or themes or you will have to prob do a factory reset.

3. Ann Droid

Ann Droid New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Funny you should say that! I was afraid that if they tried to flash the phone they would find the update.zip file that was still loaded on the sd card. When I got to Verizon, the tech grabbed my phone and removed the card and handed it to me. He tried to hard reset it with no success. They then gave me a new phone and said to keep the old sd card and also gave me a new one that came with it! Thanks for the response!

4. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +7
    Ann Droid, cross posting is not allowed. If I find the other post I will be forced to delete this one.

Those are forum rules. And no, I'm not going to hunt your other post down I have bigger fish to fry. :)