Oh, Man...That Feels Good!

nateccnn

Reaction score
Like a brand new pair of boxer shorts...what a relief. It's rooted! Phew.

I used the One Button Root posted on Android Police. If I did it again I would just do the manual method. The thing did not work smoothly and if I did it manually I would have known which step was srewing up and could have corrected it easier and faster. But it is done...now I can make it do what I want it to do.

I'm leaving Sense on it. I use Launcher Pro most of the time anyhow.

Freedom feels so good!

Nate

Reaction score
Im seeing all this rooting stuff out there. Could you post a link to what you recommend? At this point I am so lost in the permaroot, manual and one button. If you dont mind, I would appreciate that

alboboy10

Reaction score
Wait, what was wrong with the one button root? I was waiting for the easiest possible way to hack this phone...One button root sounds easy enough.

Larry_ThaGr81

Reaction score
Like a brand new pair of boxer shorts...what a relief. It's rooted! Phew.

I used the One Button Root posted on Android Police. If I did it again I would just do the manual method. The thing did not work smoothly and if I did it manually I would have known which step was srewing up and could have corrected it easier and faster. But it is done...now I can make it do what I want it to do.

I'm leaving Sense on it. I use Launcher Pro most of the time anyhow.

Freedom feels so good!

Nate

Yes please post what we can do to avoid the headache and have a smooth transition.

OP
N

nateccnn

Reaction score
The "One Button Root" works but you have to down load some big was files first. Then you have to be sure you ADK Tools are set up and working on the PC and with the Thunderbolt. Once you get that far you may as well just follow the instructions for a manual root. the One Button Root has no instructions and presumes you understand certain things about sdk and adb. And then there is the fact that the One Button Root has three buttons to push.

Not saying it is not a useful tool. It certainly saves you from typing mistakes. But is is not noob friendly. If you're looking for an "Easy Root" option you still have some waiting to do. If you're a noob and can't wait, follow the manual root guide. First download sdk tools and learn how to get that working then follow the guide and you'll be fine.

Nate

MrKleen

Reaction score
The Android sdk and all that stuff you have to do will come in handy for other things in the future.

funkyb

Reaction score
Besides basic debloat and the four or five roms published over at xda, what, can you do with it now?