Oh. Hai there!

Silver Member
Reaction score
DSC_7044.jpg

AnneDroid

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
They are beautiful. The white one looks younger, is that true?

OP

Silver Member
Reaction score
The white one is about twice as old as the black one. He's just a pup at heart.

He'll be 7 this year:
DSC_6508.jpg

She's had a rough life. She was rescued from the side of the road and has had parvo, kennel cough, mange, IBS, allergies and ear and eye issues. She'll be 4 this year:
DSC_6500.jpg

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
So cute! my five year old Sharpei is also a pup-at-heart he still acts like he's a year old lol.

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
What kind of dogs are they? They look like the perfect size.

OP

Silver Member
Reaction score
The boy is a terrier/hound mix and is about 45-50lbs.

The girl is a hound/beagal mix and is about 35-40lbs.

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
I think me and my wife have decided that when we decide to get a dog we are going to either go to a rescue/shelter for the specific breed we choose or just go down to the humane society and see who catches our eye. Mixes and mutts are some of the coolest dogs there are lol

OP

Silver Member
Reaction score
mutts are ftw. if you can pick one up that hasn't been in the kennel for long, you'll be very happy. with the boy, i got lucky with him. he was already trained and an overall good dog.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
I think me and my wife have decided that when we decide to get a dog we are going to either go to a rescue/shelter for the specific breed we choose or just go down to the humane society and see who catches our eye. Mixes and mutts are some of the coolest dogs there are lol
yes do this......

There are so many good dogs that need homes right now. I rescued my pitbull and he's the greatest dog.

I will never go to a puppy store or breeder ever again. Once you go to a rescue or the humane society it will forever change you. I hated to leave with just one.

I'm glad you and your wife or going this route.

+100 for gardobus : )

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
Too cute, makes me miss our dog... she passed last year and we haven't had the heart (or the time) to get another yet.

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
mutts are ftw. if you can pick one up that hasn't been in the kennel for long, you'll be very happy. with the boy, i got lucky with him. he was already trained and an overall good dog.
Yeah it always seems like mutts are overall friendly and fairly well behaved dogs where a lot of purebreds tend to have weird attitudes if that makes sense. My parents have a purebred Schipperke who is a little B that ignores everyone, hates kids, and pees on the floor even though she never used to and KNOWS it is wrong. :icon_eek:
yes do this......

There are so many good dogs that need homes right now. I rescued my pitbull and he's the greatest dog.

I will never go to a puppy store or breeder ever again. Once you go to a rescue or the humane society it will forever change you. I hated to leave with just one.

I'm glad you and your wife or going this route.

+100 for gardobus : )
:icon_ banana: Yeah, we watch enough Animal Cops to know that breeders/stores aren't the way to go when there are SO MANY good dogs out there that need a good home. I'm sure we'll want to take a FEW with us also haha. I think we actually plan on getting a dog AND a cat so we might have to find kittens/puppies for them to get along. We'll see how that goes though, might end up with 2 dogs lol

OP

Silver Member
Reaction score
Too cute, makes me miss our dog... she passed last year and we haven't had the heart (or the time) to get another yet.
i can understand that. these guys are a handful and with a baby on the way, they're in a for a rude awakening.

AnneDroid

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
You just wait, they will be so protective of that baby. It will take a little while, but it's the natural progression once they figure out he (or she) is not a threat. You are very lucky...