Oh c'mon....the Droid Bionic is actually pretty nice

cp24eva

Reaction score
So I had problems at first with my droid bionic. I sent it back and got a replacement. The replacement has been good to me. And it's been even better since I rooted it and used the th3ory roms. It's so smooth running. Little glitches here and there, but like any other phone doesn't have their glitches...even the iphones to and I've used iphones since launch of the first one (came to android side a couple months ago) i know most of you demand perfection, but no one devices in the world is perfect. Make the best of what you got and TRY to complain about what you phone can't do and enjoy what your phone CAN do.

Sorry, mean to put Droid Bionic in the title.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
fixed the title for you

And I agree with you except on the data connectivity issue... when that's bad, it renders the phone useless, except for basic texts and phone calls - but obviously you don't buy a phone like this just for that. :)

ripper2860

Reaction score
I like the phone. While the connectivity issues are bothersome, they do not render the unit useless -- at least for me. My only real complaint is the lack of urgency in addressing the connectivity matter on the part of VZ and Moto.

Customer Service FOLKS!! Customer SUPPORT!! Doesn't matter how good the phone is -- it's only as good as the support and service provided by the wireless provider and the mfg.

OP
C

cp24eva

Reaction score
With the Razr and the Nexus and new HTC coming out, people are looking elsewhere for an even better phone not knowing what the possible outcome would be. Us geeks always want to be on the top of the power curve, but you never the the motives of the companies. Nexus...could be crap (although I doubt it) HTC could be the crap.....moto razr....could be polished crap. We will never know. And then there may be tons of other threads complaining about those phones and there lack up updates. lol.

OP
C

cp24eva

Reaction score
I like the phone. While the connectivity issues are bothersome, they do not render the unit useless -- at least for me. My only real complaint is the lack of urgency in addressing the connectivity matter on the part of VZ and Moto.

Customer Service FOLKS!! Customer SUPPORT!! Doesn't matter how good the phone is -- it's only as good as the support and service provided by the wireless provider and the mfg.

Yeah, connectivity is bothersome. I'll agree on that. Having to go in and out of airplane mode to get a signal back sometimes is annoying. audio, sometimes annoying pops. But all in all it still runs FAST and is literally blazing in my hand (i can cook an egg on it)

Jelem1880

Reaction score
fixed the title for you

And I agree with you except on the data connectivity issue... when that's bad, it renders the phone useless, except for basic texts and phone calls - but obviously you don't buy a phone like this just for that. :)

I agree as well, but when my data goes the phone wont even allow me to send or receive texts. The good thing is that I can still make a call when this happens. If the call feature was disabled during data drops that would be a total deal breaker for me. I'm am also using the leaked 893 with theory rom and am amazed how much smoother it is over stock and 886. But it still needs some work and I'm gonna stick with with it cause this phone has lots of potential.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
And then there may be tons of other threads complaining about those phones and there lack up updates. lol.

That is the most true thing I've read all day! :hail:

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
I love my Bionic, but the data "outages" have been at the worst times and have caused me to not be able to trust it - beyond a reasonable amount of trust for a smartphone anyway. It's subjective, yes, but I'm with Verizon for reliability. The data problems are reminiscent of when I was with Virgin Mobile...

OP
C

cp24eva

Reaction score
So when does your data go out? mine goes out occasionally, but not in those time sensitive instances. I would be really mad if I did a head to head battle with my friends and their phones only to have my phone whiff because of a data outage. mine isn't frequent enough for me to be totally mad. And I can always make a call when I need to. And this file expert app that I was delving deep into last night is GREAT. Didn't know i could connect through my home file system through IP and move stuff around. Proabably something everyone knew except for me. :D

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
It's been completely random. My latest Bionic (3rd) was absolutely perfect for a few days. I rooted it and that's it - never pulled a leaked OTA or anything. Then all of a sudden one day it just wouldn't hold a data connection for most of the day. Constantly in and out... Nobody around me with other 4G phones on Verizon were having any issues. It remained bad for most of the day... the next day it was slightly improved, but still in and out. Just doesn't make any sense. Absolutely nothing changed on my end between the "perfect" days and the bad days. And then to top it all off, I had a BSOD happen to me twice on the 2nd bad day (which was yesterday). Never had that happen before, and again, I had changed nothing on my phone. So, who the heck knows... I do love it, but I can't justify the cost of a device like this if it can't function the way it's supposed to in some reliable fashion. And I've tried everything from the standpoint of possible solutions...b/c I want to keep it.

atlrus

Reaction score
Make the best of what you got and TRY to complain about what you phone can't do and enjoy what your phone CAN do

That sounds great, but what CAN the Bionic do that some other phones can't? Sure, if you just upgraded from a flip phone the Bionic looks like something the aliens brought to us, but if you have been a smart phone owner for a while - there is not that much new going on.
I got the Bionic for the screen and the weight (and of course that itch I get every 6 months) compared to the Tbolt and the Bionic did not disappoint there. But the lack of data is more than annoying. All in all, it was the worst phone upgrade I've ever made :)

The only really pleasant surprise was that the Bionic audio is much better than Tbolt's. I plug the phone to my car via the headphone jack and the Bionic delivers sound 100x better compared to the Tbolt.

Last edited:

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
I've had data problems at my house, but as we live in a valley I've had data and connection problems ever since I stopped using my Moto E815 (clamshell) and started using my LG Voyager (candybar). I leave the house and the signal goes up. Even more at my parents a mile away. Last Wednesday I was at the Aerospace Museum in San Diego with my father (who is a volunteer) and 4Glte was rock solid in the basement. Go figure.

Last edited:

atlrus

Reaction score
Last Wednesday I was at the Aerospace Museum in San Diego with my father (who is a volunteer) and 4Glte was rock solid in the basement. Go figure.

It was a long time ago when the cellphones stop working the minute you enter a building. I am sure downtown SD is very well covered as far as signal is concerned, nothing really surprising here.
I actually get 4g with my Tbolt in my (full) basement but can't get stable data with the Bionic outside my house :)

OP
C

cp24eva

Reaction score
Wow jntdroid....you just can't win. Sorry to hear that.

The bionic doesn't have ground breaking uses other than its the first verizon dual core 4g phone. But there aren't many phones out that are ground breaking either.just slight improvements over the last phone. And of you heard of a future phone having this that and the other then remember its all speculation until its in your hand and you try it yourself.

Sure the bionic didn't live up to the hype (yet) but some phones take time to live up to it due to future updates and the outcome of its competition. Sure everyone has different experiences and uses, but you can't rule out the success of a device on your own experience. Out might not work for you and whatever it is that you are doing but it may work nicely for thousands of others
Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk