Oh boy, I think I'm Screwed

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions & Site Assistance' started by fishinhook, Nov 15, 2010.

1. fishinhook

fishinhook New Member

Hi folks, this is my first visit to Droidforums.net. I joined because my Motorola Droid disappeared for a couple of days after an argument with a "friend". I used the droidtheft app and saw that it was in my "friend's" possession. When I called and asked if he had it he told me no. When I informed him that my phone said otherwise, he claimed that he found it under his floor-mat; in his vehicle. I hadn't been in his vehicle. Anyway, as much as I like him, I'm starting to think he's a paranoid- computer-savvy guy and I'm a non-computer-savvy-paranoid-guy! (NCSPG). So...I need to figure out if my phone is under surveillance or hacked in any way. Do I float test it and start over? That's what I'm here to find out, So, thanks for being here! Fishinhook, AKA NCSPG Guy.
  2. Martin030908

Martin030908 DF Super Moderator

Do you have the device back in your possession? If so you could always do a factory reset that will wipe the device back to out-of-the-box condition.
  3. mwhartman

mwhartman Super Moderator/RS Premium Member

Wow, quite a first post! Sorry you had such a bad experience. Thankfully, the app saved the day for you. If you had a passcode you should be OK. If not, follow Martin's advice.

Good luck.

Mike
  4. fishinhook

fishinhook New Member

I do have it in my possession. I'm scanning your forums in search of ways to detect spyware without doing a factory reset. Somebody mentioned a battery widget that could tell me what's running on my phone. I will try that. I also installed an app called risk detector-mobilesecurity and it claims my phone is safe. Same with MyMobile Protection. I hope I'm just being paranoid. Thanks Martin for the advice. I might end up doing a factory reset as you suggested for a little peace of mind. Fishinhook
  5. fishinhook

fishinhook New Member

I don't have a passcode. I will add one right now! Duh!
  6. ClumsyNinja21

ClumsyNinja21 Premium Member Premium Member Developer

Do you see an app or icon called superuser?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App
  7. fishinhook

fishinhook New Member

I found SMS Box and untinstalled it. I know I didn't add that. I also found a remote app and removed it. Dad gum it! OH yeah, I looked for superuser and it wasn't listed in my apps.