oh boy do i have a story for you!

jcoppola33

Reaction score
So a few months ago i bought a galaxy note 2 on Verizon, great phone couldn't be happier. But all of a sudden no calls or texts would work but my data worked fine so i had it repolaced by verizon, fine right? NO. Different phone same issue so i figured i had bad luck. Got another phone and new sim, SAME THING so now im pissed and i have been through the crappy verizon customer service a few times until i start talking to a technician. HE goes through the same trouble shooting crap they all did and eventually says i can replace it, and i said i dont want another note 2 if its gonna happen again and he said he could replace it with any other 4g lte phone i said "I payed for a working phone and as of now it is the BEST phone on Verizon and i don't want any of the other phones" and then i asked about the S4 and he said it wasn't available yet and that he could do it once it was so he gave me his email and set a reminder to call me and wrote it on my plan that he said to do it, in case i talk to someone else. So great right? NO. I tried to email him today about 3 weeks after that conversation and the email bounced back. So i called verizon to check if he wrote on my account notes and he did but the technician i talked to said that they DO NOT replace phones unless it is specifically needed or the other phone is out of stock and he nearly laughed when reading the other guys notes! I told him if they wanted to send me another note2 i would simply sell it before i turn it on. He issued one more trouble ticket to check my plan for issues but my guess is I will have another replacement. So now i have a half working note2 and a droid razr which im stuck using yet again -_- just thought i would share my story since i found it kind of funny :blink:​

UPDATE***
The verizon rep sent in one more trouble ticket and i asked if they do replace phones under extreme cases they do but it does depenbd on the super visors opinion, so my plan is too get on the phone with a super visor and scream about my amount of of support calls and reps different responses, until he gets sick of talking to me. Worst case i get another note 2 and sell it to buy an s4

Last edited:

pjkump

Reaction score
Yes they do replace phones with another model. It depends on who you talk to. My wife had 3 Nexus's and they all had issues with signal. She called Verizon and complained that she used the phone for work and said she absolutely has to have a phone that works immediately and they overnighted her a Razr Maxx. So keep trying til you get someone that will work with you.

Purplfreak

Reaction score
This sounds like an IDENTICAL issue I had with the Bionic. After the same frustration as you...I was moved to a Razr MAXX. I begged vzw for a Galaxy instead of another Motorola device but they refused. They said I had to stay with a device made by Motorola. :(

Sent from my RAZR MAXX using Droid Forums

Moulton

Reaction score
They swapped my Bionic for a Rezound. I complained daily about that phone. I woke up, stretched a bit, then called Verizon.

rocknrollr77

Reaction score
So a few months ago i bought a galaxy note 2 on Verizon, great phone couldn't be happier. But all of a sudden no calls or texts would work but my data worked fine so i had it repolaced by verizon, fine right? NO. Different phone same issue so i figured i had bad luck. Got another phone and new sim, SAME THING so now im pissed and i have been through the crappy verizon customer service a few times until i start talking to a technician. HE goes through the same trouble shooting crap they all did and eventually says i can replace it, and i said i dont want another note 2 if its gonna happen again and he said he could replace it with any other 4g lte phone i said "I payed for a working phone and as of now it is the BEST phone on Verizon and i don't want any of the other phones" and then i asked about the S4 and he said it wasn't available yet and that he could do it once it was so he gave me his email and set a reminder to call me and wrote it on my plan that he said to do it, in case i talk to someone else. So great right? NO. I tried to email him today about 3 weeks after that conversation and the email bounced back. So i called verizon to check if he wrote on my account notes and he did but the technician i talked to said that they DO NOT replace phones unless it is specifically needed or the other phone is out of stock and he nearly laughed when reading the other guys notes! I told him if they wanted to send me another note2 i would simply sell it before i turn it on. He issued one more trouble ticket to check my plan for issues but my guess is I will have another replacement. So now i have a half working note2 and a droid razr which im stuck using yet again -_- just thought i would share my story since i found it kind of funny :blink:​

UPDATE***
The verizon rep sent in one more trouble ticket and i asked if they do replace phones under extreme cases they do but it does depenbd on the super visors opinion, so my plan is too get on the phone with a super visor and scream about my amount of of support calls and reps different responses, until he gets sick of talking to me. Worst case i get another note 2 and sell it to buy an s4

yeah... one word.

thunderbolt

got stuck with that **** when 4glte came out, i just got the jelly bean update a month and a half ago. i went through 8 of those phones, and finally i said **** it, im getting rid of my granfathered unlimited data that im paying 120$ a month for on my own plan to never have signal and switching to sprint cause i couldnt afford to pay 750$ for a s4 outright and no one wants to buy the thunder**** for more then $0.50

ditch verizon man. gotta kill the monopoly