OG Droid???

N

Nickchapa

What do people meAn by OG Droid? If it means what I think then I am going to be forever dissapointed by the droid community...

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

kptphalkon

Reaction score
OriGinal Droid
Droid 1
Motorola's First Droid
Motorola Bending Over And Baring Backside For Google
Before Motoblur And Froyo
This Was All Hardly More Than A Year And 2 Months Ago

Unless of course you were referring to the special Snoop Dogg and Dr. Dre edition Droid Crunk featuring Lil Jon
Cus that is some O.G. triple O.G. Loc stuff, son!

Sent from the Blue Falcon cockpit on my D2G

jimistixx

Reaction score
I'm not so quick on the draw...
On topic: Still rockin an OG Droid (unrooted) and loving every minute!

OP
N

Nickchapa

Wow Ok that's what I thought. I cant believe you people call it an og droid.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

cnlson

Reaction score
OG originally stood for original gangster and has been applied to the original on just about anything nowadays Urban Dictionary: OG

Rooted OG Droid awaiting the D3 for my upgrade. looking forward to trying out CM7 gingerbread soon.

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
OG originally stood for original gangster and has been applied to the original on just about anything nowadays Urban Dictionary: OG

Rooted OG Droid awaiting the D3 for my upgrade. looking forward to trying out CM7 gingerbread soon.

Well actually, me coming from a gang affiliated family, OG was for Old Gangster...but it the youngsters started using ORIGINAL instead

Sent from my DROID2

TalkTo_Chuck

Reaction score
Well...

OG is an old acronym
Original Gangster is its literally translation, however when applied to the consumer market OG products are originals. The first model of its kind to be released. For example, Nike re-makes some shoes in the image of their originals, in order to cash in on the money from nostalgic sneaker heads wanting shoes from when they were growing up etc.

In this case, it means the first Motorola Droid product.
If you ask me, If someone says "OG Android" however, they are likely referring to the Original Android Platform (before honeycomb and all that)