OG Droid - what will work after I get a new phone?

poooookah78

Reaction score
I'm sure this has been posted before, but I had an interesting conversation with a Verizon Rep on the phone today. I called to pay my bill and switch my minutes (didn't change my unlimited plan as I'm grandfathered in) and I asked her what would work on my phone after I deactivate it.

She said sometimes google maps still work after deactivation. I thought all of that was pendant on having a 3g signal. Can you still use google maps and other GPS apps (such as Speedometers, carr matey, etc) after deactivation?

THANKS!!!!!

smokiedabong

Reaction score
Google maps loads maps of the internet so you need a data connection . It can work if you are home and connected to WiFI , impossible to do on the road . You can use other GPS apps that store maps locally on the SD card like Motonav or Navigon , they don't need a data connection to work

bendystrawboy

Reaction score
On,wifi everything will work(but calls), get,a google voice acct and you can,text,from it.

TyrantII

Reaction score
Which means I don't see why you couldn't tether it to another phone that has WiFi tether / hotspot enabled.

I'm just wondering if GPS is somehow disabled.

Champers

Reaction score
Which means I don't see why you couldn't tether it to another phone that has WiFi tether / hotspot enabled.

seriouslyChan.png