OG droid stuck on m .... kinda

cmaag

Reaction score
Posted in wrong area first i realized....

Well now this is a weird story and to get it all in I should start from the beginning.

First about two weeks ago my phone died and i went to plug it in and would only go to the bootloader screen. Tried many times and finally went to boot thought nothing of it really just kinda pushed it off as no big deal.

Now this time it happened again did the same thing as before and managed to get the phone to boot no big deal. Then powered the phone down later that day cause i had to go into a place and the volume button wouldn't work to reduce the ringer (thinking this is where my problem is but i will go on). Tried to reboot and was simply stuck at M. I thought this is weird working earlier today not stuck. Tried to boot into recovery impossible. Then im like damnet something must have messed up. I SBF to stock and still same result. Now just by playing around im messing with the volume and camera button at boot and i manage to get it to boot. So i proceed to use this to boot the next few times. Rerooting and putting a new rom on. Last night however the phone died and I managed to get myself into the same problem. No recovery but can get into boot loader.

Now my question would be if the volume down button is malfunctioning or the volume up would that possible cause this problem. Since holding the volume up button can put you into the bootloader. Then if this switch was malfunctioning at some instance then in fact good the volume down button prevent booting?

My next step would be to tear the phone apart and see if the there is something obstructing it or if its just broken. I have no problem tearing it apart im up for an upgrade im just trying to make it last time Galaxy nexus. Any input on the situation is helpful and I thank all in advance.

Edit: Tore the phone down and found the metal on the volume down key had fallen off. So I put the phone back together with the volume key out of it and used a flat head to make a connection on the two contacts of the button ... still say result. Im out of ideas now and really don't know what to do.

Do I try to sbf again and see if it accomplishes anything or do i buy a parts phone and make some switches on components?
ANY ideas are helpful... Thanks

Last edited: