OG Droid - rooted, deleted several apk's, now I can't update. What now?

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Heh, I got trigger happy and at this point I'm not sure what I've done, not done. No biggie, I've almost got things back how I want them, with the biggest problem at the moment being that Simply Stunning has ADW Launcher built in and I can't figure out how to disable it. Try any which way that I can, ADW will not show my status bar. I'm ready to pull my hair out over it. I see the setting, I've tried restarting/refreshing/resetting/clicking/unclicking etc. and the setting just won't take. No status bar is bad for me.
Go to setting/apps/manage apps/adw and clear the defaults. You can always uninstall adw. :) no need to pukk out hair.

Sent from a bubble gum factory because im all out of gum.

OP
Bullwinkle

Bullwinkle

Reaction score
ok, so I got ADW turned off. hooray. (too bad, I liked it) BUT... now, using the stock launcher, there is still no status bar or notification panel. Is this something that is built into the ROM? I wouldn't think so!

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
ok, so I got ADW turned off. hooray. (too bad, I liked it) BUT... now, using the stock launcher, there is still no status bar or notification panel. Is this something that is built into the ROM? I wouldn't think so!

The no notification bar isn't normally related to the Launcher. It is an issue with a bad install. Go to Clockwork and reinstall the rom with no wipes. If that doesn't solve the issue, go to the main page for the rom and follow the wipe instructions carefully and then re-install the rom.

OP
Bullwinkle

Bullwinkle

Reaction score
This is becoming a huge pain in the neck. I'm very sorry for all the questions but I'm lost and aggravated. Nothing like wasting a day goofing around with this phone, I should have just left it be.

-- anyway --

I downloaded the un-themed version of SS5.6 and now I can't figure out how to get it to my phone. Without the notifications panel thingy, I don't know how to make the phone show up as a drive on the computer.

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
When all else fails. You can go into clockwork recovery and mount the sd through there

Tapped from an Unbrickable DROID

OP
Bullwinkle

Bullwinkle

Reaction score
Now that I have no hair (from pulling it all out today). I can say that after all this... I wiped everything a couple times and reinstalled the rom, it does now have the status bar, notifications, and also the chevy tools that wern't working.. now are.

What a bugger, but I'm pleased with the end result, as far as I've been able to test things.

OP
Bullwinkle

Bullwinkle

Reaction score
Now that everything is working, don't forget to make a good backup

Did that, thanks. Now that I have everything all nice, I'm getting spontaneous reboots and get stuck in moto logo boot loop. opening the slider seems to get it out of the loop, but every time it does this, it botches up my widgets on my home screen.

I read somewhere today that if this happens I need to try a diff kernel. any suggestions?

Man, this is lame.

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
As a rule of thumb; If a kernel makes the phone bootloop, go up in voltage or down in frequency. So if a 1GHZ low volt gives you a bootloop, use a 900MHZ low volt or a 1GHZ medium volt kernel. And continue that sequence until you find one the phone likes. Its also a good idea to load a few different kernels on your sd. That way if you do bootloop, just boot into recovery and flash another one. That just saves the time of not having to restore your backup to get going again. And if you flash a kernel, you don't need to wipe anything. You'd still flash it through recovery like a rom though.

As far as what kernels to use, the best way is to try them. ChevyNo1 has good ones and so does Prime. But those aren't the only ones. You can find more here: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-kernels/ , http://www.droidforums.net/forum/chevyno1/150712-kernels-5-31-11-froyo-gingerbread.html