OG Droid out of space

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by iissmart, Sep 17, 2011.

1. iissmart

iissmart New Member

Droid 1 flashed with BB 0.6.2.1 & Pete's V0.3 kernel. I use Froyo's App2SD with Pete's override to move every single app on my phone to the SD card, except for apps like Gmail which the phone considers a "system update" and won't let me move it. However I am still down below 25MB internal memory. I have cleared my cache partition and the dalvik cache. I use the App2SD app to move all the apps and cleared the cache from all my apps using that app as well. What else could be eating up my internal memory? What else can I clear without resorting to uninstalling apps?
  2. zachdroid

zachdroid New Member

Have you tried link2sd?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
  3. iissmart

iissmart New Member

Is link2sd the one where you have to create a special partition on the sd card? I don't really want to do that...besides, it's just temporarily avoiding the problem rather than eliminating it. I've had to resort to doing full reformats a few times and I'd rather figure out why it's happening in the first place.
  4. jcwilliams

jcwilliams Active Member

What's happening is that the og droid doesn't have a lot of space from the get go. Link2sd helped me a lot! Try it out.
  5. takeshi

takeshi New Member

Data is frequently overlooked. There are apps to show you what's using your internal space.
  6. SupAll

SupAll New Member

Make sure you delete old text and picture messages. Clear your Maps, Market, and Search cache as well as they can quickly eat up more. Be sure to look at what Apps are running most of the the time. Many apps don't close and a lot actually start back up on boot. If you use a different home launcher, try messing with the settings there as there is also cached items to make it speedier. And sometimes, just adding more apps makes it more difficult.
  7. humbleopus

humbleopus New Member

I agree. Loaded Link2SD and it works better than Apps2SD. Yes, you create a partition on the SD Card (MiniTool Partition Wizard (a free program)).

It has had a HUGE impact on my OG's performance. Not willing to get rid of it yet, so making a big difference.
  8. cellphonedork

cellphonedork New Member

I found that my OG droid was constatly full after loading GPA16. I moved some apps to sd, cleared chache (cachemate power clear and from recovery) and then used Titanium Backup (pro) option under batch - integrate updates into system rom. What is happening is gmail and other "system" apps are updated from the market. Thus you essentially have a system app and a market app. Integrating the apps into the rom freed up a good chunk of space for me. I also removed the downloads app and files app, as I hate to have duplicate apps that do essentially the same thing, especially ones that I have zero use for.
Search tags for this page

freeing memory in the og droid bionic

my og droid is low on memory space how to fix