OG Droid just died, prevent me from getting an iphone

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by warnette, Nov 4, 2011.

1. warnette

warnette Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Even though ive been due an upgrade for months ive been holding out for a flagship android device to be released from Verizon that doesn't have some sort of major caveat or shortcoming. The Galaxy Nexus was supposed to be that phone however since i need a replacement now that's not really an option. The current stock of VZW phones either have significant drawbacks or are phones i would be very unhappy being stuck with for two years. Through this tragic turn of events that iphone 4s has become a viable option.
    *Is anyone aware of something with verizon wireless that i can use to hold me over until something decent is released? For example, test a bionic for 14 days and hopefully something better will be released by then.

Thanks

2. sk8ingdroid

sk8ingdroid Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Actually the bionic a really good fone what "drawbacks"does it have that u dont like thay might be misconceptions

Edit: im like you i had og droid and went to bionic and im in love Shift3r rom it is too good has different interfaces tjay should suit every kind of android person
    And i warn you not to go to iphone you will regret it for 2 years straight from the day u get it
    Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

#2 sk8ingdroid, Nov 4, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2011
  3. Dave12308

Dave12308 Silver Member

Ratings:
    +50
    I love the way people are writing the Bionic off as a total failure without having ever tried one. It's actually getting a bit tiring, the Bionic is NOT a bad device in any way.

4. warnette

warnette Member

Ratings:
    +1
    My issue is that however minuscule the drawbacks and bugs it has they will become unbearably glaring once Motorola releases its successor in a week, barely a month from its initial release only to be followed by the rezound and nexus.

5. warnette

warnette Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Perhaps this is a for a reason?

6. Chizzele

Chizzele Team Sourcery
    Developer

Ratings:
    +17
    You should get a phone and return it once the nexus is launched

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

7. warnette

warnette Member

Ratings:
    +1
    This is along the lines of what i was thinking, can someone elaborate on this process or point me in the direction of something that explains this.

8. OneTenderRebel

OneTenderRebel Silver Member

Ratings:
    +64
    get whatever phone you think fits you. No one should have to convince you not to buy the iPhone. If you think that is the phone you want, get it and try it out, if it's not for you that's what the 14 day return policy is for.

9. JaCelica2k

JaCelica2k Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Basically whenever you buy a phone you have 14 days to return it........So if you buy it today and the g-nex comes out the 17th you should be fine.......If it gets pushed back you are screwed......Either you return the one you bought and wait without a phone........or you get the razor or rezound.

10. warnette

warnette Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Is there any sort of depreciation value when you return it given any minor cosmetic blemishes that might happen on a device that is carried with you 24/7?

11. UrbanBounca

UrbanBounca Rescue Squad
    Staff Member Rescue Squad Premium Member

Ratings:
    +240
    Yes, the phone can no longer be sold as new.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

12. bullswife98

bullswife98 Member

Ratings:
    +5
    Warnette, I currently own a Droid1 and had recently spoke to an acquaintance of mine who owns a iPhone 4 and she completely despises her iPhone, she has complained to me that the UI is very hard to use when she places or makes a phone call,you know how our screen has a sensor and dims during the call,well it doesn't on an iPhone. It stays on and therefore opens random apps,hangs up during the call and she has to use the speaker to talk to the caller. Which she says is very embarrassing. She doesn't have a Bluetooth doesn't use it that much to warrent buying one. But do research through people that have one before you buy to see if it fits your life style. It wouldn't be the phone for me, not to mention all apps cost you at the iphone store. Android market offers paid apps and decent free apps. You could try it out and return it if you don't like it. Its your personal preference really. Just my 2ยข :)

SENT FROM MY OG DROID ROOTED AND SUPERCHARGED!

#12 bullswife98, Nov 4, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2011