OG Droid Gets Some Very Rough Pre-Alpha Ice Cream Sandwich Tastiness

jscat445

Reaction score
Thanx guys! next free min I have I'm taking ICS for a test drive on the OG!!

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
Fully working or not, it's amazing that they can get it to boot. They must still be working with Moto proprietary drivers from the Froyo days, so this is an impressive feat.

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
The OG is a tank, pretty hard to brick that one. Just wipe everything before you go back to gingerbread and you shouldn't have a problem.

If you have a copy of the FRG22 SBF file, you can pretty much recover from anything until your flash memory physically wears out.

The OG was basically a Nexus before the Nexus "brand" existed.

Thach

Reaction score
This is awesome. I still have my OG Droid around as a backup and just to mess around with since I am really not wanting to root my RAZR yet. This gives me something to look forward to. Thanks for keeping the OG Droid alive even for a little bit longer.

illmatic636

Reaction score
+1. I just downloaded it to my dropbox. iPhone 4s is going in the draw for a few until the jailbreak is avail. Until then, I'm, flashing the D1!! Woot!

metalspring

Silver Member
Reaction score
Im surprised how close this ics rom is to working, only bug fixes needed are camera, working market and just a tad more stability...although I'm not sure if some apps not working is because of lack of compatibility with ics...the launcher needs a little work though

Supercharged tweaked Miui.us
Primes deprimed kernel @ 1.2GHz w/ customized kickasskernel tweaks and 3g turbocharger
19.9 linpack score
1921 quadrant score
Zoom zoom ;)

shreddinit

Reaction score
I flashed the update 1 from droid-life thinking it would work better. I lost root and CWM, anyone know how to get those back?

metalspring

Silver Member
Reaction score

metalspring

Silver Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info metalspring, now to pimp out my droid!

No problem lol

Btw, if you want ics use the link I gave earlier for xda forums and go to the last few pages of that thread to find the newest ics build

Supercharged tweaked Miui.us
Primes deprimed kernel @ 1.2GHz w/ customized kickasskernel tweaks and 3g turbocharger
19.9 linpack score
1921 quadrant score
Zoom zoom ;)