OG Droid Gets Jelly Bean ROM

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
motorola-droid-jelly-bean.jpeg

Will the wonders that developers are able to accomplish ever cease?!? I certainly intend that it never does. Apparently, some ingenious folks were able to shoe-horn Jelly Bean onto the original Motorola Droid. Obviously, there are still several bugs and it will need a ton of testing, but this is pretty amazing. It's like cramming Windows 7 onto a 486 DX2-66, or like shoving the engine from a Nissan GTR into a Model-T Ford, or like putting miracle whip on a mud-pie...

Okay, that last one made no sense at all, but you get the idea. :p

Source: XDA

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Hmmm....If this can be stable and smooth some day I might bust out the OG and play.

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
Did the OG ever get a "smooth" ICS?

WildcatRudy

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Miracle Whip....on mud pie...?? That's like ketchup on an Ice Cream Sandwich! *groan*

I think it's funny that someone would take time to stuff Jelly Bean into an OG Droid, yet we still don't have a stable ICS for the TBolt (even after the leaked "official" ROM). I have this odd feeling I'll be switching back to my ancient Droid and parking the TBolt for awhile! OK, maybe not, but...you know what I mean. ;)

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
Last I checked before upgrading everything worked except the camera and a couple other things but it was smooth.

Sent from my Droid Razr Maxx Arctic .215

Who made it?

jayman350

Reaction score
very cool to see the OG sporting some jelly bean, might have to boot that bad boy up and give this a shot since it isn't really doing much on the shelf next to me.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
I think its great to see someone got JB onto the D1, what a device!

xsylus

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Sony Xperia XA2 Ultra H4233
I tried to use my D1 the other day and it felt so foreign in my hand after all this time using my D4. I wouldn't want to go back but it does show the power of an unlocked bootloader... maybe that's why carriers are so afraid of unlocked bootloaders.