OG Droid - CM7 - No wifi after ?? update

Discussion in 'Cyanogenmod' started by airwolf, May 19, 2011.

1. airwolf

airwolf New Member

Okay, been running the CM7 rc4 on my droid for awhile now, and the previous versions of CM7 before that. No issues to report. Occasional hiccup, but nothing major. All systems have functioned great.

Yesterday, I returned to my desk after being gone for about an hour for a meeting. Found that several applications had self-updated while I was gone. After a bit, I realized that my wifi wasn't connected. I checked, and wifi on the phone was turned on, so I thought maybe the wifi at the office wasn't work, but found out it was working fine. Turned on wifi analyzer and it didn't show any signals anywhere in the area even though I know there are at least 4 different networks.

Did a reboot on my phone, still nothing. Go into settings, went to airplane mode, then back to regular. Wifi still does nothing.

Went back to my restore point which was over a month ago when I updated to rc4, after reboot, my wifi came right up and was working fine, but when I returned to the backup I made yesterday, I again lose wifi.

So I know it has to be something in one of the updates from yesterday, I just don't know what it is. I really don't want to go back a month and have to redo a bunch of stuff I have done to my phone since then.

Has anyone heard anything about this before and do you have any suggestions that could fix the wifi problem, other than the obvious of restroing the month old backup and reinstalling a bunch of stuff?
  2. atticus

atticus New Member

That has happened to me with a few GB roms. If you find or hear if a fix, I would love to know. Sorry no words of advice, just know it's not just you.
  3. Bear in NM

Bear in NM Active Member

I think one of the "fixes" in the past has been to go into the wifi settings and erase the connections. Then set them up again.

Craig
  4. buellboy9

buellboy9 Member

I was about to suggest that. My other thought was to reflash the radio...
Search tags for this page
cyanogenmod no wifi s4

no wifi after cyanogenmod

og droid cm7

wifi