often need to re-boot

sdandy

Reaction score
3 times last week and now yesterday I have had to remove battery and replace in order to receive my email. Seems to be now every 2-3 days. The symtom is that it says "searching" but never stops! But if I remove the battery and put back they start coming in immediately! I wonder if this is normal, if some APPS are interfering, is it user error. Should I return for a different DROID? (Got it on 12/29/09)

Frustrated here.

Stigy

Reaction score
If you try to bring it back to the story they are going to wipe your phone before they do anything about it.

So I would recommend starting fresh (with no apps) to see if you have the same issue.

And when you say "Searching..." -- is the phone searching for service? Can you make phone calls while it says searching?

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
I agree with Stigy perhaps even a factory reset is in store.

They'll have you do it anyway.

OP
S

sdandy

Reaction score
I did go back to Verizon yesterday and the gal unfortunately wasn't helpful at all. She tried to tell me I had so many apps on my Home page. I said that's not my homepage thats the entire list of apps. Then she went back to what she said was my home page and I said I have 7 home pages using Pandahome you're on page 7. Eventually she said I should just remove battery and put it back in every night and that Motorola does guarantee it for a year so not to worry. So I left and am seeing if it happens again.

I think it says "searching" with the arrows going around in a circle.

Tomorrow is day 3 again so I'll see what happens.

THANK YOU FOR HELP!

Stigy

Reaction score
Oh you are talking about the sync arrows.

That means data is being sync'd for any of the apps. I usually see the sync arrows when I add a new calendar event or hit refresh to check my GMail.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I did go back to Verizon yesterday and the gal unfortunately wasn't helpful at all. She tried to tell me I had so many apps on my Home page. I said that's not my homepage thats the entire list of apps. Then she went back to what she said was my home page and I said I have 7 home pages using Pandahome you're on page 7. Eventually she said I should just remove battery and put it back in every night and that Motorola does guarantee it for a year so not to worry. So I left and am seeing if it happens again.

I think it says "searching" with the arrows going around in a circle.

Tomorrow is day 3 again so I'll see what happens.

THANK YOU FOR HELP!

Bulll Pucky.\\

A Droid does not require a nightly battery pull. Call and talked to a CSR at Verizon and tell them you want another phone. You will get one, end of story.