Often imitated, never duplicated! Focused 1.8.6

JRobzilla

Reaction score
Another smooth release so far, Drod! Your work is very much appreciated! The only thing I'm seeing that doesn't jive with the changelog is the 3G Hotspot App and App Widget Picker, I can't seem to locate these.

Nothing major, just an observation.

:)

Quoting myself for emphasis. The mynet.apk is in system/app but fails to install (This is the 3G Hotspot App).

I did not wipe data/cache, so I'm going to try that now to see if it caused this issue.

Edit: After wiping data/cache and reflashing I still cannot see the 3G Hotspot App.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Another smooth release so far, Drod! Your work is very much appreciated! The only thing I'm seeing that doesn't jive with the changelog is the 3G Hotspot App and App Widget Picker, I can't seem to locate these.

Quoting myself for emphasis. The mynet.apk is in system/app but fails to install (This is the 3G Hotspot App).

I did not wipe data/cache, so I'm going to try that now to see if it caused this issue.

Edit: After wiping data/cache and reflashing I still cannot see the 3G Hotspot App.

i did a wipe and i can't get it to install either...

droydhead

Reaction score
Awesome rom yet again drod! Keep up the excellent work.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Reaction score

Are you talking about Wireless Tether or the actual Verizon 3G Hotspot program? I'm going to be able to test this out in a few hours when I can go home and snag this rom but I use tether.

sephtin

Reaction score
Omg I hate you so hard. I JUST got 1.6 running the way I want last night and you go and do this! Lol will be taking an early lunch to go home and grab this and septhin's blackbar 3.1 to load up. Few questions, when (if ever) is HDMI support coming to Focused? The fix is supossedly identified? Also, is the carhome the stock one or the nifty transparent one like you get with Apex? I ask because the Apex one is WAAAYYY better looking than the stocker.

Again thanks for all the great work you are doing.

--When is HDMI coming?
When it's done.

--Car Home, is I believe the latest GOOGLE version. NO CLUE what version ApeX uses. :p Try it, if you don't like it, there are several to choose from.

Enjoy!

sephtin

Reaction score
crap...titanium backup failed, and there goes my angry birds progress...ah well..still worth the upgrade :D

FYI. Angry birds scores are stored in:

/data/data/com.rovio.angrybirds/files/highscores.lua

Backup that single file and restore and you can save your progress.

For those that are less than ethical in the gaming sense will also note that the file is a simple text file that's easy to manipulate for three stars :)

Adding this to the FAQ. Thanks. :)

sephtin

Reaction score
I justed update to 1.8.6 and now I can not hear incoming or outgoing calls, can someone tell me how i can fix this
Yes I wiped the cache 4 times before I installed it. I can make calls, but it just seem like the speaker and receiver don't work

What ROM did you install from? If it was ANYTHING other than Focused, make sure you wiped data/cache, and even then, you should really wipe data/cache.

What changes were made after the install of the ROM? Theme? Mod? OC? Restore from backup?

I suggest you reinstall Focused again, don't wipe data/cache. Then let it run, test to make sure calls are ok before installing/modding/changing anything... and make changes 1 at a time, and test after each.. see if you can identify which change caused this.

JRobzilla

Reaction score

Are you talking about Wireless Tether or the actual Verizon 3G Hotspot program? I'm going to be able to test this out in a few hours when I can go home and snag this rom but I use tether.

Personally I use Wireless Tether, but I know a lot of people are looking for the 3G Hotspot App for its AP (instead of Ad-Hoc). It doesn't seem like everyone is having this issue, though.

sephtin

Reaction score

Drod will have to address the 3g Hotspot. I didn't have a client to test with, so didn't even approach it.

The App Widget Picker, if you long press on home screen, and scroll to a widget that would normally have several widgets listed.. you'll see it now just says "# Widgets"... then when you select that, it lists all of the widgets for that app.

HTH!

lilgotti56

Reaction score
I just had to wipe the cache and it now works. Thanks Everyone for helping out

lilgotti56

Reaction score
How do you get the email notification to work? It normally use to be in the top toolbar

JRobzilla

Reaction score

The App Widget Picker, if you long press on home screen, and scroll to a widget that would normally have several widgets listed.. you'll see it now just says "# Widgets"... then when you select that, it lists all of the widgets for that app.

HTH!

I see that now, thanks for the clarification. Very nice!

JRobzilla

Reaction score
How do you get the email notification to work? It normally use to be in the top toolbar

Make sure to go to Settings -> Accounts and turn on Sync Email (Mine was off by default).

Edit: Just to clarify if you have more than 1 account you'll have to do it for each.