Often imitated, never duplicated! Focused 1.8.6

droidxchat

Reaction score
Ill try it again. Maybe I will have better results this time! I'm open to suggestion.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Sry I missed the part where you said you tried it at stock.

Next thing to do is install alogcat from the market. Change settings to level- error and change it to show time in the logs. After you crash open it up and read the logs and post them here

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

sephtin

Reaction score
Anyone have any luck putting the FM radio back? I have all the files in the right directories and have the file permissions properly set. When I start the FM radio app it opens but never gets past "FM radio is being launched, please wait."

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Requires blur framework, the FMRadio app currently doesn't work with Focused.

sephtin

Reaction score
heelloooooo droid forums. This is my first post! I want to say hello and that I am fully enjoying Focused 1.8.6! Runs like a charm! As stated before by others, I did as well experience the photo deletion after install, thats ok, no big deal.

Battery life for me is fine. I have an extended battery so im good for a whole day mostly unless I use it hardcore. I have it running at a stable 1.3Ghz. Have been for a month with no issues.

After I installed this rom on the 16th, I would like to report an issue. I am not certain if this has been posted here(I didnt read all 40+ pages), I experience a power cycling problem. I believe its related to the music player and bluetooth. Here is what happens:

I have the motorola car mount which I use with my X. It goes into car mode no problem when put into the mount. I have a bluetooth speaker which syncs with my phone then using the FM transmitter on the bluetooth speaker, I tune into it on my car stereo. This is how I listen to music in my car through the bluetooth speaker broadcasted to my car stereo(have been since August). Since installing focused, randomly at points, the phone will crash. No response from buttons and music stops. The phone then restarts. Sometimes I need to pull the battery as well. Phone calls seem to be fine, but when the music starts playing, it could crash at any moment. I am using the music mod player that comes with the rom and have not tried diff music players. I have reverted back to stock 1ghz but that did not stop the crashing.

Sorry for the long winded first post, but I cannot figure out how to fix it, or maybe its just a bug that needs to be ironed out. Other than that issue the rom works better than I could have hoped for! Keep up the great work!

ALso, sephtin thank you for the black bar mod, I love it!

Well, 2.2 DID bring random reboots, and Moto is aware...
Motorola engineering fix to solve Droid X update woes

But def. pass along logs if you can!

meshdub

Reaction score
Thanks for your awesome work and all your help, Drod and Sephtin!
Any plans to upgrade to 2.3.320? I wanna install it, but can't bare the thought of not having rubiX available :D

cchang136

Reaction score
backup assistant?

I updated to the new rubix 1.8.6

I need my backup assistant to so i can recover all of my contacts.

I tried to use the method that worked in the past. Download the 2 apks and move into system/app and change permissions and reboot. I don't think that works anymore.

On verizon, the account is under my sisters name. When I get to the verizon backup site, it only brings me to my sister's contacts. I don't see an option to change the number so that it'll show my contacts. Any ideas?

How come google never synced with my contacts after they were imported from back up assistant when it worked on the previous versions. I made sure the option was to sync. But everytime I wipe, I don't see my contacts.

Is there any way of getting backup assistant on here?

edit:
Backup assistant worked the 2nd time i rebooted. but i had already gotten the .csv file from verizon. If you are not the primary holder of the account, you need to create your own account which takes a few minutes. Then you'll be able to export the csv.

Last edited:

labelskate

Reaction score
flashed this last night, really like it so far

is there anyway I can get my contacts back without going to the verizon store? lol

sephtin

Reaction score

is there anyway I can get my contacts back without going to the verizon store? lol

There IS a way to get backup assistant to work in Focused, BUT there are other issues that arise from it. Trust me, and avoid the headache, and just import them over from the MyVerizon site and into Google Contacts.
Info here:
Migrating contacts from "Phone" (BackUp Assistant), to Google Contacts

sephtin

Reaction score
Thanks for your awesome work and all your help, Drod and Sephtin!
Any plans to upgrade to 2.3.320? I wanna install it, but can't bare the thought of not having rubiX available :D

Confused by the question...
2.3.20 contains some 2.2.1 compatibility, which Focused 1.8.6 already has.

Or were you thinking of the actual Over The Air update, which I believe is going to be a later version than 2.3.20...

In any case, if/when the next OTA comes out, I highly recommend giving it a week or two before upgrading... to see what comes of it... both for good and for bad..

DJSketch

Reaction score

There IS a way to get backup assistant to work in Focused, BUT there are other issues that arise from it. Trust me, and avoid the headache, and just import them over from the MyVerizon site and into Google Contacts.
Info here:

I personally think its easier with Google than backup assistant

Sent from my DROIDX

Kincaid

Reaction score
Thanks for the great ROM! I'm trying to replace the default genie news/weather widget with a semi-transparent one. I downloaded the .apk and tried to install it via root explorer but when it attempts to it then says "application not installed". Does this have something to do with the rom/2.3 or is there a step im missing?

sephtin

Reaction score
Thanks for the great ROM! I'm trying to replace the default genie news/weather widget with a semi-transparent one. I downloaded the .apk and tried to install it via root explorer but when it attempts to it then says "application not installed". Does this have something to do with the rom/2.3 or is there a step im missing?

If it's a system .apk, then it won't install that way.. you may need to copy it to /system/app (will need to mount it RW, with the bottom on the top right, first)...
And then change the permissions to match the other files in the folder
(User: Read,Write, Group: Read, Other: Read).
Give that a try...
Also, it's very possible that the .apk simply won't work with Focused if it requires a component from Blur Framework, so to prepare for that possibility, rather than replace the original .apk, I recommend you rename it to <file>.bak before copying in the new one...

HTH!

labelskate

Reaction score

Info here:
sweet thanks works like a charm