Offiical Swype for ICS Coming Soon

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Swype-ICS-update-just-days-away.jpg

Swype for Android 4.0/Ice Cream Sandwich has been recently descried by the developers as being only "days away" from availability. Of course, we have had an unofficial version of the app that will work with ICS floating around for a while, but it will be nice to get this official version. The developer's are also promising that there will be some "extra goodies" in this release, although they didn't share any details as to what those where.

Source: Android.net via PhoneArena

bmkdroid

Reaction score
I was a fan of swype on my OG Droid, but have lately been using Swiftkey X on my Nexus and I think the larger screen size and inherently more spacious keyboard have lead me to like the tap keyboard a bit more! Will of course try swype once it is official again!

sarreq

Reaction score
official? what have I been using the past couple months, if not the official beta?

might you mean a final release for OEMs?

cleevis

Reaction score
I wonder if those us using unofficial version will have trouble getting the official package. Also wonder if it's still going to be orange.

jerroedr

Reaction score
So if you didnt get swype from swype it is not an official beta version. They release their beta versions to swype beta users, those who have registered on the website and whatnot. The release that has been floating around is a hacked/worked around version, or maybe a pre beta...

jerroedr

Reaction score
shouldnt have any trouble as long as you delete the pervious versions and install it from swype installer

sarreq

Reaction score
So if you didnt get swype from swype it is not an official beta version. They release their beta versions to swype beta users, those who have registered on the website and whatnot. The release that has been floating around is a hacked/worked around version, or maybe a pre beta...
I've not used the hacked version, I've been using the official beta, downloaded through the official installer, on ICS. am i the only one? o0

jerroedr

Reaction score
yea, ive been trying almost daily and it keeps saying screen size not supported

CJLee89

Reaction score
Almost 2 weeks since Swype's tweet and still nothing from them :frown: