Officially Unofficial Last Minute Nexus 5 & Android 4.4 KitKat Rumor Roundup

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
animated-nexus-gif.gif
Animated Gif above was shared on Reddit.​

Since they began several weeks ago, the launch date rumors for the Nexus 5 have been patently wrong every time. Several of them included some logical but obscure clues which ended up being nothing more than wild tangents. Because of that, we are necessarily skittish about this final batch of rumors. However, despite our reluctance, we are willing to report that all signs point to an impending launch today of Google's Nexus 5 and Android 4.4 KitKat.

Supposedly, the embargo for the Nexus 5 will officially lift today. Additionally, there have been several solid tips that the Nexus 5 will be ready for retail on November 1st, including retailers already getting them in stock. Additional insider intel suggests we will also see 4.4 the SDK become available, and may also get a major Google Wallet announcement at the same time. Not only that, but Reddit was a hive of Nexus 5 activity last night. That's where you can find the animated gif of a white Nexus 5 shown above.

nexus-teardown-3-small.jpg

There's still more; we even found some leaked teardown pics of the new Nexus 5. Here's one above and you can find more here: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...ked-tear-down-pics-nexus-5-a.html#post2484772

Even if it turns out that tomorrow is the actual reveal date, it's pretty safe to share this roundup just as a final countdown story. We are all ready for this confection to come out of the oven so we can get a taste of it!

Source: AndroidPolice

TatDroid

Reaction score
Doing my Verizon dance and holding onto one tiny thread of hope.

Iggy08

Reaction score
The suspense is killing me, I really want this phone! I just hope they have enough.

jamjr74

Reaction score
Is this comaptible with Verizon? Its in play store now.

Iggy08

Reaction score
I bought one because I'm moving to T-Mobile sometime in November. I'll plug in my sim card and see if it works before shutting off Verizon. (it's supposed to be able to work on all 4 carriers even though Verizon isn't on board)

jamjr74

Reaction score
Yeah I grabbed a 32gb black. Have to head over to t-mobile I guess.

Galaxy S4!!!

Iggy08

Reaction score
Awe poo, apparently it only has one LTE band in common with Verizon :-\

Iggy08

Reaction score
Got my Nexus 5 yesterday, putting the Verizon sim didn't work :-( I was hoping to get at least Internet, but nothing. Didn't recognize the carrier or the sim at all