Official "Which Device are You Coming From?" Thread

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid 4' started by Trusstopher, Nov 26, 2011.

1. Forcedbyhatred

Forcedbyhatred New Member

im coming from droid eris rooted, then droid 1 rooted, then a putzing around with my girlfriends lg ally ( she wouldnt let me root it :( ) and a bb curve, then a incredible 2 rooted/s off/ latest radio and incredble hd release. so going up to this was nice cause a normal physical keyboard seemed so nice
  2. Noodle360

Noodle360 New Member

Had the Droid 1, 2 and now the 4. Iv simply gotta have the Keyboard, had the omnia I910 and hated full touch screen.
  3. sargentmajord

sargentmajord New Member

bought the bionic back on September 22 an just got it replaced today with the droid 4 free of charge an i am loving it this is the phone i paid for not the bionic
  4. nitrate28

nitrate28 New Member

Droid Pro. Have had many problems and just got sick of wiping the phone every month, so my new D4 arrives tomorrow.
  5. nitrojuga

nitrojuga New Member

I came from the R800X, or Xperia Play. Wouldn't have gotten this phone if I weren't having issues with that one. Was a great phone, but the touchscreen started to become unresponsive quite often. It works every now and then, but it isn't really usable.
  6. jrpbulk

jrpbulk New Member

The abacus, had it 60 years, got my moneys worth

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
  7. liftedplane

liftedplane Well-Known Member

Rofl

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums
  8. Krzypuppy2

Krzypuppy2 New Member

First Android phone was the LG Ally used it for over a year then gave it to my son. Motorola Droid Pro for over year, still works and it will be used by someone else. Currently waiting for my new Motorola Droid 4 to get here.

Lynn
  9. NOVICE

NOVICE Active Member

D1 to DX (great phone) to Nexus (carry 2 batteries and run at full speed/stock).

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums
  10. quiltbugj

quiltbugj New Member

DroidX -it's been my favorite phone so far. The last update did something, however. I now experience a pretty long pause when trying to change applications. Then again, it
    could be the battery is getting old (do they do that??)
  11. dAmnDroid

dAmnDroid New Member

I recently upgraded from a DROID 2 GLOBAL
  12. RueTheDayTrebek

RueTheDayTrebek New Member

OG Droid 1 since October 2010. Runs great, cracked screen, Anarchy in the UK etched in on back with pocket knife. Oi!

Liquid Smooth gingerbread rom ver 3. 2 days of battery life, overclocked to 1 ghz. Keeping as a backup phone.
  13. johenkel

johenkel New Member

Coming from D1.
    Had the LG EnV2 before that - physical keyboard is a must!

Love my D4 so far, had it for 2 months.

Johenkel

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2
  14. bamanoob

bamanoob New Member

droid bionic

coming from droid bionic
  15. Drefanie

Drefanie New Member

Just bought the Droid 4 when my beloved original Droid finally died. I like the 4, but miss the quirks of my original. :blink:
  16. vmu

vmu New Member

The Droid 4 is my first Motorola phone since the M368 :p After that I became a Nokia man for years. But when Nokia abandoned their own os and "teamed up" with ms, It was time for me to switch to Android. I use a Sony Ericsson Xperia pro at the moment. Great screen, fantastic camera, nice keyboard. But I fell in love with the Droid 4 (Just look at that keyboard, wow) So I bought a Droid 4. It's still sim locked, but once I unlock it, I's "welcome back Motorola" for me :D
  17. Big D

Big D New Member

Just got the 4 after I lost my 3. LOVED the 3 and had no intention of upgrading. At first the 4 was a bit of a disappointment due to the slightly bigger size and I thought the 3 was a bit sleeker.

That was yesterday. Today, after root and a bit of time with the 4, I rather like it. The keyboard is better (which I didn't think possible) and it's 4g. Size seems fine now and the sliding motion is better - sticks closed better but slides smoother. Much improved in that regard. I think Moto HAS to be the best equipment maker in the game (outside of aapl, of course).

I really haven't noticed a huge upgrade in speed from 3 to 4g. Wonder why that is.

Like it.
  18. goodcat

goodcat New Member

Got the Droid 4 on Tuesday. Came from D2, and loved it. I have to have a physical keyboard, and this is the best I've ever used. The D4 reminds me a lot of the 2, obviously. But, IMO, it improves on it in almost every way. Love the bigger size, the keyboard, and 4g is super fast. My 4g is actually hitting d/l speeds faster than my home internet at certain times.
  19. Websquad

Websquad New Member

2.5 years with Blackberry Curve 8300; followed by 2.5 years with Blackberry Storm 2. Miss some things about the Blackberry:
    • Easy synch with Outlook ... still have not figured it out with Droid 4 (Outlook Calendar, Contact, Tasks, Notes)
    • Rich calendar features
    • More flexible control of Sounds ... i.e., could make everything silent except for calendar.
    • Also on sounds, could have multiple rings; multiple vibrations
    Other that than, really like the Driod 4. Have a "grandfathered" no-limit on data plan, and added the Wi-Fi hotspot, which I use with my iPad 2 and my laptop. However, I don't overuse them ... it's just handy to have and worth $30/month for me.

I have a LOT to learn about the Droid 4, but at this point am really enjoying it. Of special pleasure is the outstanding keyboard. The Curve 8300 had a physical keyboard, but it was too small for my big thumbs; the Storm 2 did not have a physical keyboard, and I missed it. The Droid 4 keyboard is outstanding. Sure, some of the keys are in different positions than what I was accustomed to, but the learning curve was short. Overall, and outstanding product!
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2012
  20. johenkel

johenkel New Member

To websquad:
    you can change all sorts of sounds for the D4. Can set sounds different for text, or certain email account or location, etc.
    I have two outlook accounts on my D4 - each with its own notification tone. Calendar and tasks work great - although calendar was easier in the D1.
    For tasks however, I use mainly RememberTheMilk.com - love it!

For a specific ringtone for a specific caller, go into your contacts, click menu-button and select options. There you can change the ringtone for that one caller.

:)

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2