Official "Which Device are You Coming From?" Thread

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid 4' started by Trusstopher, Nov 26, 2011.

1. satarecah

satarecah Member

Ratings:
    +6
    I'm not ditching my Razr but im getting this for my lady friend :\

2. liftedplane

liftedplane Silver Member

Ratings:
    +432
    I got my bionic with the bestbuy buyback guarantee, so I'm going to use it... I get 350 when I trade the bionic, so I'll come up with the rest out of pocket to make up for it. which assuming a 700 price tag won't be that much more than I've payed before.

I love the bionic, but I love physical keyboards more, not to mention the bionic definitely went tits up after the nexus came out. roms haven't been updated in forever, blah blah... go figure :D can't wait for this to release, the 0.3" difference in the screen won't bother me enough to deter me, though I wish I knew why they went with a smaller screen.

3. debdroid1a

debdroid1a Member

Ratings:
    +6
    I don't think the Maxx has a removable battery. They extended the battery instead (thicker and longer lasting). Although if you talk a lot, then it's the right phone for you.

4. NeoPhoenixTE

NeoPhoenixTE Member

Ratings:
    +24
    Starting to think this poll needs to split up the option for Droid 1, 2, or 3.

I'd be coming from the Droid 2 myself. I personally only upgrade every other version, and my fit of jealousy at my friends who got the D3 is now long gone. Getting a slide-out keyboard with LTE will be awesome~!

Still have one of my "new every 2" discounts waiting, so I'll be putting that to work for me. :)

5. TC_Mits

TC_Mits Member

Ratings:
    +0

The only difference between the RAZR and the RAZR MAXX is the larger plastic bag in the battery compartment and the extra thickness (seems like a jerky shave to me) to allow for it.
    Since the battery doesn't come out, the only way to increase battery life is to make a whole new phone. Go figure.

Edit: Oh. DX atm, but really coming from my old VX9800 LG -- RIP. Great phone. Was all set to get a D4G til vzw (no, it wasn't Moto's idea) got stupid with the battery.

What I need is like what "Droid Does!' was: a cutting edge slide with all the pieces. The D4 is just cut up. Now, I'm hoping HTC makes a tier 1 unlocked slider with SD and a real battery (be great, too, if HTC could learn to HDMI).

But really, idk...

Perspective instantiates reality.
    ( By DX w/DF app. )

Last edited: Jan 23, 2012
  6. RoninX

RoninX Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm coming from a Droid 2. It's a good phone, and I've been very pleased with it in general, but the keyboard is mediocre. It's usable, unlike the terrible OG Droid keyboard, but the keys are too small and require too much pressure, and there's no dedicated number row. Also, I'm looking forward to much faster web surfing with LTE.

7. music life

music life Member

Ratings:
    +6
    If i had money i would be coming from X2 ;(

X2 has been a major disappointment...

8. fingaz

fingaz Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Finally getting rid of my Droid Eris!!!!!!!!!

9. Andyw2100

Andyw2100 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Coming from an HTC TouchPro 2, acquired on release day, however many years ago that was (3-ish?) It's still holding up, but I've been anticipating moving to the Droid world for a while now. Was just waiting for a Verizon high-end slider with 4G. This is the one, and I'll be picking one up tomorrow (release day.)

This is also my first post here, but I've actively used other online phone forums in the past.

10. amishdude01

amishdude01 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I dont know if ill be able to sleep tonight................. dancedroid

11. kwyrt

kwyrt Member

Ratings:
    +4
    Just ordered D4 online. Coming from Droid 2 running CM7GB. Had it for about 18 months. Been a great phone. Looking forward to the bigger screen, better keyboard, and, of course, 4G.

12. myfishbear

myfishbear Developer Developer

Ratings:
    +31
    still rockin the og droid oced to 1ghz and running the last cm nightly and 16bit overlay to keep it fast enough.... cant wit till monday when i get it