Official "Which Device are You Coming From?" Thread

Andyw2100

Reaction score
Coming from an HTC TouchPro 2, acquired on release day, however many years ago that was (3-ish?) It's still holding up, but I've been anticipating moving to the Droid world for a while now. Was just waiting for a Verizon high-end slider with 4G. This is the one, and I'll be picking one up tomorrow (release day.)

This is also my first post here, but I've actively used other online phone forums in the past.

kwyrt

Reaction score
Just ordered D4 online. Coming from Droid 2 running CM7GB. Had it for about 18 months. Been a great phone. Looking forward to the bigger screen, better keyboard, and, of course, 4G.

R2D|2OID

Reaction score
I'm coming from a Droid 2 R2D2 which I felt was plagued by software issues. I love my new D4!

dancedroid

droidbound

Reaction score
Came from a Droid1 running stock, before that BB.
I just hope Moto or somebody will continue making sliders! I need that keyboard. Trying to type onscreen makes me want to jump off tall buildings. Keyboard on the D4 is very good.

Sent from my DROID4 using DroidForums

LadyHottShott

Reaction score
Coming from a Samsung Alias 2 lol I know, so old school!

Droid 4 will be my first smart phone, so let's hope I can figure it out! :blink:

JRParsons

Reaction score
Coming from an HTC TouchPro 2, acquired on release day, however many years ago that was (3-ish?) It's still holding up, but I've been anticipating moving to the Droid world for a while now. Was just waiting for a Verizon high-end slider with 4G. This is the one, and I'll be picking one up tomorrow (release day.)

This is also my first post here, but I've actively used other online phone forums in the past.
Welcome, I loved my TP2, ended up going w/o an keyboard, I recently tried the Stratosphere, but it was way too underpowered. Found myself trying to tilt the screen up, even though I hadn't used the TP2 in about a year.

Sent from my Illudium PU - 36 Explosive Space Modulator.

jigawatt

Reaction score
First Droid, jumped right for the Droid 4 as soon as I could get it. I had to drive 180 miles just to get one.

orangechoochoo

Reaction score
Came from a droid2, I love the speed (4g, processor, and ram) of the D4 though I kinda liked the smaller size of the D2, slightly sharper screen, robustness (I dropped it many times and no scratch or other damage), and mods althoug I'm sure the D4 will have a bunch of roms/tweaks over time (hopefully sooner than later).

NOVICE

Reaction score
Started with D1. Hated it and upgraded immediately to DX. Great phone. (Still use to play radio and podcasts.) Last 45 days with GNexus--great disappointment re signal strength until I removed phone case and increased speed 2x.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

Rambo76098

Reaction score
Droid 1. Extended its life with root, Cyanogenmod 7, and a 32gb micro sd but even those have their limits.