Official Twiiter for Android app now available!!

numo16

Reaction score
From the link:

When we tweet what’s happening around us, we share not only our thoughts, but also web pages, photos, videos, location...anything. Mobile phones are increasingly part of our lives, and we seem to be doing everything but making phone calls. Reading the news, watching a YouTube video, and taking photos at events like the World Cup are things we expect to do on mobile phones – sharing our experiences on these little screens should be just as easy and fast as on big ones.

Twitter Blog: Twitter for Android: Robots like to share too

Available for all android phones running Android 2.1

OP
N

numo16

Reaction score
App + small and large homescreen widgets. So far I like it. Syncs contacts (similar to facebook app) Hopefully it can replace my seesmic/twidgit lite combo

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
It's going to take a little getting use to but it's definitely something worth looking at. Looks really sweet.

jaste

Reaction score
Looks good so far. If you have location enabled it will use the GPS (or at least attempted on one test). Twidroid free would only use tower or wifi positions.

authority11

Reaction score
Any comparisons to Touiteur?

I think Touiteur is still better. Touiteur takes you instantly to timeline on startup. On Official Twit, you have to click another button to get to it. (little things like this bother me)

Touiteur lets you do everything from one page pretty much with 1 click. With Touiteur you have to keep backing out to the main menu (which is eerily similar to the FB for Android main menu) if you want to do certain things like retweet etc. Basically, you have to click a lot more buttons to do the same thing as Touiteur and it's kinda annoying.

The interface is prettier than Touiteur and has cool animated birds and clouds flying around, but honestly for me (and this applies to all apps I use) it comes down to efficiency and functionality and at this point the official app isn't as good as Touiteur in this respect.

Also, the widgets are kinda weak only allowing a max of 1 tweet to show at a time, much like the FB for Android Widget. I'd prefer a scrolling widget like HTCs.

Last edited:

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
Any comparisons to Touiteur?

I think Touiteur is still better. Touiteur takes you instantly to timeline on startup. On Official Twit, you have to click another button to get to it. (little things like this bother me)

Touiteur lets you do everything from one page pretty much with 1 click. With Touiteur you have to keep backing out to the main menu (which is eerily similar to the FB for Android main menu) if you want to do certain things like retweet etc. Basically, you have to click a lot more buttons to do the same thing as Touiteur and it's kinda annoying.

The interface is prettier than Touiteur and has cool animated birds and clouds flying around, but honestly for me (and this applies to all apps I use) it comes down to efficiency and functionality and at this point the official app isn't as good as Touiteur in this respect.

Also, the widgets are kinda weak only allowing a max of 1 tweet to show at a time, much like the FB for Android Widget. I'd prefer a scrolling widget like HTCs.
Pretty much agree with everything :) I still keep it installed just for the integrated OS features though lol.

armeddroid

Reaction score
I agree with Authority11 as well, additionally, Level One's response to adding features to Touituer is fast and its getting better all the time.
Like the official twitter app cant comment on a retweet.
Twitlonger, idk yet.
I like the animations and the real time comic bubble pop outs for trends. thats neat. Lol

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

butch350

Reaction score
Twitters tweeter...

It's plain
It's UGLY
It SUX,

Seesmic and
Twidroid are far superior.

(IMHO) of course.

However if you have a bunch of other useless apps on your phone
this twitter app with a somewhat smaller footprint will save a little space
for you to add some more useless android market apps.

Peace to all.

Dragoro

Reaction score
Much prefer touituer plus its fully integrated into the Droid including the gallery.