Official Tweet from Google Confirms CES Debut of Android LTE Phones Jan 6th

Discussion in 'Android News' started by danDroid, Dec 20, 2010.

1. Benjamin Stone

Benjamin Stone New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Man I wish I had the answer to that.

I'm an indirect sales rep and it's really frustrating right now. Everyone is literally sitting on upgrades waiting for either 4G devices or the !@#$$%% iPhone.

What's really frustrating is that the LTE marketing campaign is making the casual customer curious - even excited. Then they come into the store looking for the 4G phones and....we.....don't.....have.....any.

We do have the 4G mobile broadband cards that NOBODY cares about, particularly after you inform them about about the data caps. I'm working out of a 4G-enabled city RIGHT NOW. Would be nice to have a phone to sell and yes that was a 4G commercial that just aired on Monday Night Football.

Before you light me up I know the "logic" behind unveiling the network like this. I simply don't agree with it.

2. kodiak799

kodiak799 Gold Member

Ratings:
    +801
    That may actually be a prescient insight. It's an awful long time to be pumping LTE if handsets don't come out until May. Like you said, the mobile card market isn't that huge, and they could simply do more targeted marketing.

They're throwing the commercials out there, but it's still kind of a whimper. Still, I don't think they'd be running these commercials 5-6 months before phones are available. I say end of February at the latest for the first LTE devices. That's 2+ months as it is, but if devices are unveiled at CES they'll at least be able to give a firm date for launch, in theory.

3. jroc

jroc Silver Member

Ratings:
    +63
    CES....is this the same thing that G4TV does a special on every year? Normally with them its only about games tho.....

I need to a better paying job so I can go to one of these shows one year. Always been a dream of mine since I was a kid/teen, back in the mid 80's - early 90's.

4. jroc

jroc Silver Member

Ratings:
    +63
    I meant Attack of the Show has a special every year.

5. tmwilson02

tmwilson02 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Etna?

I have a few observations...

First off, we know that Motorola will be debuting their tablet which has been seen with a Verizon branding.

Second, Verizon has said they will be demoing LTE handsets at CES.

Third, there have been rumors of a companion device to the the upcoming Motorola tablet.

Wouldn't that naturally lead us to the debut of the Etna alongside the Motorola tablet?

I may just be reaching, but I have been sitting on an upgrade for 2 months waiting for the Merge and have decided to continue waiting for the Etna.

6. DroidCoug

DroidCoug Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I can also see them debuting a phone during the superbowl.

I mean think about how many advertisements are in the NFL that are verizon. AND nfl's official app is for verizon..

7. myz06vette

myz06vette Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I thought the same thing.

And also worth noting, the tweet doesn't say anything about *phones*. My bet is on the Motorola tablet. Can't wait to get to CES and find out!