Official Tweet from Google Confirms CES Debut of Android LTE Phones Jan 6th

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
android_lte_peanutbutter_twitterpost.jpeg

Verizon just officially confirmed via a Twitter post that the first Android phones with LTE capabilities will be demo'd at CES on January 6th! We won't have to wait long for truly high-speed WiFi on our Droids. I love the "flavorful" way they let us know. Dangit, now I want some chocolate & peanut-butter ice cream... :(

Source: Twitter/Verizon
by dgstorm

DanielC

Reaction score
Please let it be an LTE Mecha. Wouldn't mind a Merge either.

Darkseider

Reaction score
Hmmm... Moto teased with today with their new tablet running Honeycomb at CES which will more that likely be LTE. Now this from VZW saying that there be LTE Android handsets at CES. All of these look to be Tegra 2 based devices + LTE. So does anyone REALLY think the vPhone will be dropped at CES knowing that these monster devices will be? Me thinks not.

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I said over the weekend CES is gonna be a good time. There is also a special presentation from another company there as well. That's by invite only tho!

Detonation

Reaction score
Not that it really matters, but this is an official tweet from Verizon, not Google, as the title states.

electric6

Reaction score
It's about time. Out of all the handsets rimless so far the mecha/hdinc is the one I am hankering for the most!!

Benjamin Stone

Reaction score
When do you think they will actually start selling them?

Man I wish I had the answer to that.

I'm an indirect sales rep and it's really frustrating right now. Everyone is literally sitting on upgrades waiting for either 4G devices or the !@#$$%% iPhone.

What's really frustrating is that the LTE marketing campaign is making the casual customer curious - even excited. Then they come into the store looking for the 4G phones and....we.....don't.....have.....any.

We do have the 4G mobile broadband cards that NOBODY cares about, particularly after you inform them about about the data caps. I'm working out of a 4G-enabled city RIGHT NOW. Would be nice to have a phone to sell and yes that was a 4G commercial that just aired on Monday Night Football.

Before you light me up I know the "logic" behind unveiling the network like this. I simply don't agree with it.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
What's really frustrating is that the LTE marketing campaign is making the casual customer curious - even excited. Then they come into the store looking for the 4G phones and....we.....don't.....have.....any.

That may actually be a prescient insight. It's an awful long time to be pumping LTE if handsets don't come out until May. Like you said, the mobile card market isn't that huge, and they could simply do more targeted marketing.

They're throwing the commercials out there, but it's still kind of a whimper. Still, I don't think they'd be running these commercials 5-6 months before phones are available. I say end of February at the latest for the first LTE devices. That's 2+ months as it is, but if devices are unveiled at CES they'll at least be able to give a firm date for launch, in theory.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
CES....is this the same thing that G4TV does a special on every year? Normally with them its only about games tho.....

I need to a better paying job so I can go to one of these shows one year. Always been a dream of mine since I was a kid/teen, back in the mid 80's - early 90's.