*Official Trapster Thread*

jawa6969

Reaction score
Got Trapster on the Droid. Not having much luck with it. I want the app to only run when I am driving. So I go into the MENU and then MORE and then SETTINGS (which isn't always working, sometimes it just goes to back to the map) and uncheck LEAVE RUNNING IN THE BACKGROUND. Then I exit the app (by clicking the HOME button at the bottom). I get a notification that TRAPSTER IS ACTIVE. I try and end the service in my phone settings and it still runs in the notification bar at the top. Any fixes for this?

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thanks! My first exposure to Trapster was on my iPhone. I purchased my Droid December 26, 2010. When I downloaded installed Trapster on my Droid it remembered me and I as a happy camper.

Mike

OP
Sean@trapster.com
Reaction score
Got Trapster on the Droid. Not having much luck with it. I want the app to only run when I am driving. So I go into the MENU and then MORE and then SETTINGS (which isn't always working, sometimes it just goes to back to the map) and uncheck LEAVE RUNNING IN THE BACKGROUND. Then I exit the app (by clicking the HOME button at the bottom). I get a notification that TRAPSTER IS ACTIVE. I try and end the service in my phone settings and it still runs in the notification bar at the top. Any fixes for this?

Hi jawa6969,

Please visit our support area: Community-powered support for Trapster

Thanks,

Sean

OP
Sean@trapster.com
Reaction score
Thanks! My first exposure to Trapster was on my iPhone. I purchased my Droid December 26, 2010. When I downloaded installed Trapster on my Droid it remembered me and I as a happy camper.

Mike

nice!

Let us know how you think the android version compares.

Thanks,

Sean

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score

Mike

nice!

Thanks,

Sean

Last month, my wife and I drove to Florida. Your app worked very well. Is there a way to remove alerts that are past a certain time? Is there a setting I need to change?

Mike

OP
Sean@trapster.com
Reaction score

Mike

nice!

Thanks,

Sean

Last month, my wife and I drove to Florida. Your app worked very well. Is there a way to remove alerts that are past a certain time? Is there a setting I need to change?

Mike

Hi Mike,

Currently you can only filter traps by confidence level and trap type.

But, thank you for the feedback, I will pass it along.

Thanks,

Sean

joker920

Reaction score
Is there any way to change the setting so that map turns with me so I am always driving "up" if you know what I mean and not stuck with it always making North up?

magdream

Reaction score
I haven't checked to see if this is an option, but my suggestion is to have the red light camera warnings only announced if it's in the direction your driving in.

I've gotten a few warnings as I approached an intersection that had a camera on the road that was perpendicular to mine, but not the road I was driving on.

joker920

Reaction score
I haven't checked to see if this is an option, but my suggestion is to have the red light camera warnings only announced if it's in the direction your driving in.

I've gotten a few warnings as I approached an intersection that had a camera on the road that was perpendicular to mine, but not the road I was driving on.

I wasn't really talking about the warnings. Only the orientation of the map.

magdream

Reaction score

I wasn't really talking about the warnings. Only the orientation of the map.

I wasn't referring to your post, though I can see how it may have been construed as such. I was merely making a suggestion based on what I've encountered.

uflraptor

Reaction score
Not bad.

What this app really needs is the ability to add it as a layer within the Google Navigation software.

It could make a beep when you come up on a known speed trap. Perfect for roadtrips and interstate driving.

I would buy that.

WOW, this would be an awesome thing to add