[ROM] [OFFICIAL THREAD] Steel Droid -5-28-2014 - Resurrecting Gingerbread!

Discussion in 'Steel Droid' started by chevycam94, Jan 12, 2012.

1. chevycam94

chevycam94 Steel Droid ROM Developer Developer

I personally never do a dirty flash, except if it involves my girlfriend. Lol. But you SHOULD be able to flash updates, and only wipe cache and dalvik-cache.
    drzzz likes this.
  2. chevycam94

Ive started uploading kernels to my website. Right now only the 800MHz section of ChevyNo1 kernels is up. More will come as I get time.

Also, I spent a few minutes getting some Quadrant scores for my current build of the D1. Im currently getting an average of 1258. Not sure where that sits in comparison to other ROMs, but its certainly fast and smooth. Im going to see if I cant get that up a little more. My current phone will only support up to 1.2GHz under stress, but will run with 1.25GHz if the system is used lightly. Quadrant forced a soft reboot of the system EVERY time when using the 1.25GHz kernel (even on medium voltage), so the score COULD have been higher, but my hardware wont do it. 1.2GHz is PLENTY fast for anyone given the system was only designed to run at HALF that.
    drzzz likes this.
  3. pilomo

pilomo New Member

I just installed 12 pre 30 on my Droid. Thanks for a great ROM! Seems to run faster and lag less than the CM7 I had installed. One thing I would like to see is a 'sleep mode' on the power menu options, don't know if that is possible.

I have one question. If it is working fine as is, would there any reason for me to try one of the other kernels?
  4. chevycam94

If you want to stay up-to-date, check out my website. www.steelroms.com

I'm actually on v13 pre04. LOTS of changes. also have various kernels and other useful things there.
  5. D1BB

D1BB Member

screenshot-1385947892854.png can we get back to this? Haha... that was actually a score I got on v10 with a Slayher kernel at 1.2 ghz. My galaxy nexus died Friday, so for now this is my primary device. I noticed in lockscreen settings that choosing widget options causes a force close. Other than that everything is functioning really well. I'm running your latest build, clean flash.
  6. chevycam94

Holy crap! lol Im not sure if I can get it back up that high. That was froyo based, wasnt it? Im trying to remember back that far...

Also, Im taking a small break. College classes are kicking my butt, so when I get free time, I will work more on this. Im in talks with Cyanogen (Kondik) about submitting some of my work on GB recently, to the CM gerrit to get merged into CM's gingerbread branch.
Search tags for this page

droid 3 ics

droid 3 jelly bean
droid 5
droid bionic jelly bean rom

droid razr jelly bean rom

droid x jelly bean

droid x jelly bean rom
droid x rom

droid x roms

droid x roms 2012

jelly bean rom