[ROM] [OFFICIAL THREAD] Steel Droid -5-28-2014 - Resurrecting Gingerbread!

Discussion in 'Steel Droid' started by chevycam94, Jan 12, 2012.

1. metalspring

metalspring Silver Member

Ratings:
    +24
    Hey Chevy, I found another possible dalvik tweak...
    Its exactly the opposite idea of what most roms (including yours) use with the idea that a fully optimized dalvik cache may make the dalvik vm work more efficiently and faster (may take a little longer to rebuild dalvik cache after wiping though)

dalvik.vm.dexopt-flags=v=a,o=v,u=n,m=y
    Or
    dalvik.vm.dexopt-flags=v=f,o=v,u=n,m=y

v=a means verify all, v=f means verify full (not sure what the difference is)
    o=v means optimize verify
    u=n means do not optimize for unprocessor (obviously change it to y for single core phones)
    and m=y means register maps yes

Source- http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1622433

(Added a couple fixes from later pages in that thread and figured out the u=n myself)
    It might be worth looking into
    Also if you know any good place to find all the dexopt codes I will gladly look into them

2. meishkov

meishkov Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Wow now this is funny, right after reading on XDA today I found some article to boost performance on some tablet so I just checked it out outta curiousity and it was deodex/odex build.prop tweak, just like what you posted just now metalspring, but from like january and hasn't had a post since april: (TWEAK'S) Deodex/odex tweak build.prop tweaks etc - xda-developers

I figured it's just that same one that we started using for the OG where u enter the commands into terminual emulator and then put them into /system/build.prop but now I'm hella confused haha. So for the OG it would be as so?....:
    dalvik.vm.dexopt-flags=v=a or f(which one or like it says it doesn't matter or not sure what the difference is rather)o=v, then u=y for single-core OG?, and m=y is that so maps is constatly running? I always just FC Maps when it's running when I'm not using it, if that's even the same maps that applies to this hahaha....any kinda clarification would be kick ass!!:icon_ lala:

3. metalspring

Ratings:
    +24
    dalvik.vm.dexopt-flags=v=n,o=a,u=y
    this one means verify none, optimize all without verification, uniprocessor yes
    It turns off verification for the dalvik cache files which essentially ignores any errors while rebuilding the dalvik cache and just forces everything through
    Changing it to
    dalvik.vm.dexopt-flags=v=f,o=v,u=y,m=y
    Means verify full, optimize with verification, uniprocessor yes, mapping yes (it just means mapping the dalvik cache)

The difference is one makes for a less optimized dalvik cache which may help save ram and the other (the one I posted) makes for a completely optimized dalvik cache that may take a little more ram but is much more efficient

I'm curious how this would work on the Droid, it seems to work well on the gnex but I'm still testing to be sure

I'd love more feedback on it though

4. 0chilly

0chilly Member

Ratings:
    +3
    sd 10.5 og droid

gmail will not send files. can receive emails and send emails (no files attached on either) but will not send files taken from my camera. i tell it to attach, it attaches and says "sending" forever. i have emails in my Outbox on the phone but they never deliver. while they are in the outbox, i can send and receive text-only emails no problem.
    also have problems with certain apps such as KiK (free texting) that do not auto-startup after reboots. i have to manually open the app and then the messages flow in. one of my friends sent me a KiK message on a Thursday and i never opened KiK (reboot phone nightly) until Sunday. the thurs message came in on sunday when i opened app. previously, on other roms, the apps opened on reboot like they are set up to do.

any ideas? i really really love this rom but more and more issues seem to be coming up as i use it more. thanks :)

5. 0chilly

0chilly Member

Ratings:
    +3
    oh, and also, how do i reset battery stats? i charge battery til the light goes off and reboot to recovery (RZ) and wipe battery stats. but, the RZ info says battery is 90%. when i boot into rom it shows 100%. what do i trust? how do i sync them both to show 100% when the light goes off after a full charge?

6. bluekiss

bluekiss New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    How beautiful it is! Thank you for it.

7. meishkov

meishkov Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Awesome. So that first one is the one that I should try that takes double to boot up but could run better? So no m=y at the end of that first one? And here I thought it was referring to Google maps running constantly hahaha. I'll try it out after a reboot to see how things run. Thanks for the input.

Sent from my OG using DroidForums

8. metalspring

Ratings:
    +24
    The first one is already included in steel Droid lol...
    To test the full verification change the lines in the build.prop to this

dalvik.vm.verify-bytecode=true
    dalvik.vm.dexopt-flags=v=f,o=v,u=y,m=y

9. cr08

cr08 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Really stupid question but feel like I should ask it anyways: Since I am already running 10.3 on my OG is it safe to do an in-place install of 10.5 without wiping data and have everything stay in place? Given I JUST now got everything to how I like it and running smoothly, I'd hate to have to start all over again to update.

10. bkcdroid

bkcdroid Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yes, you can simply do cache and dalvik and NOT data and keep all apps and settings :)

11. DaxxTrias

DaxxTrias Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I updated from 10.3 to 10.5 without having to wipe, although I do seem to recall it overwrote at least some of my settings. (Could be mistaken)

12. cr08

cr08 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks. I'll probably grab a backup in Titanium first and update and see how it goes. :)

Search tags for this page
droid 3 ics
droid 3 jelly bean
droid 5
droid bionic jelly bean rom
droid razr jelly bean rom

droid x jelly bean

droid x roms

droid x roms 2012
jelly bean rom

steel droid