[ROM] [OFFICIAL THREAD] Steel Droid -5-28-2014 - Resurrecting Gingerbread!

Discussion in 'Steel Droid' started by chevycam94, Jan 12, 2012.

1. pillar

pillar New Member

how do I install on my razr d1?
  2. chevycam94

chevycam94 Steel Droid ROM Developer Developer

The Razr and the D1 are different phones completely. Which one do you have?
  3. pillar

pillar New Member

I look like this on my phone? which model? I live in Brazil! model xt918
  4. chevycam94

Ahhh, I see what's tripping you up. Part of the name has "D1" in it, so you thought my D1 ROMs would work on it. Sorry, but they will not. XT918 and SHOLES are two different pieces of hardware. Not compatible.
  5. pillar

pillar New Member

ok !
  6. 0chilly

0chilly Member

any final version for d1 set? i know, i need a new phone but i'm procrastinating.

gonna be either an iphone or samsung s5
  7. chevycam94

You better not leave me for an iPoop. lol Im actually working on heavily updating the D1 build. Im prepping another preview build tonight. Ive started integrating the Android L theme into it. Looks pretty sweet. There are over 2000 images to modify to get it even close to complete, so it might take a while. Should have a preview build up in the next 24 hours, if all goes well.

screenshotorig.png
    joeblow789 and amd_h4x0r like this.
  8. chevycam94

Well, I couldn't get it uploaded. My internet is down, and my schedule has me out and about all day. I will get it up as soon as I get a chance. Sorry about that!
  9. 0chilly

0chilly Member

no worries, my internet was out for 5 days too >.< the pic you posted looks sharp!
  10. D1BB

D1BB Member

New build is up! I was so excited to find this thread a couple weeks ago. V13 pre01 has been running great for me. Didn't know so much free RAM and space in /data was possible on that old phone. I came from v10 btw, haha. Thank you so much, chevycam94. All your hard work is greatly appreciated. I can't wait to flash pre 02!
  11. amd_h4x0r

amd_h4x0r New Member

where are you seeing this new build?
  12. D1BB

D1BB Member

His new web page, Steelroms.com. Sorry, didn't know if anyone would object to me posting a link. I haven't had a chance to flash latest build yet, so I can't say how its running. I will say with previous version I had to flash separate kernel to boot past the "M" splash screen. Not sure if kernel isn't packaged along with ROM or what. I made a few personal tweaks, but overall it's the best that phone has ever ran. Hats off...
  13. jccjmml7

jccjmml7 New Member

I flashed the latest build as well and man, I am very impressed!

Believe it or not the D1 is my daily driver right now, and this ROM makes this thing honestly feel like it has more than 256mb RAM!

Zero random reboots, no lag (other than what is expected), everything is working (have not tried bluetooth).

The only thing that I have noticed is this tweaked version of Play Music has display issues on the "albums" tab. But that is really nitpicking an awesome ROM.

Much appreciate your work, chev! Actually used some of your stuff back in 2011 (or so) and was pleasantly surprised to see you working on D1 builds in 2014!
  14. chevycam94

Can you describe what issues your having in the Music app? I will go back and see if I can fix it.

Yes, everything is now posted to my website. Its a one-stop-shop, so updating every other post on every other forum will take FOREVER, so just visit the website instead. If ever it should go down, I will post its status up here.

Also, pre03 is up as well now. Biggest improvement is having reduced the size of the /system/app/ contents by about 5MB. I can go further, but for right now, I'm concentrating on a couple bugs that Ive come across. Namely, the screenshot function is FC'ing every time. Still haven't pinned that one down yet. But there are more changes, and likely to be a whole new set of icons, if I get permission from the original developer. I wont name him or what his theme is, but if he approves, you will DEFINITELY see the difference! Its AMAZING work!
  15. D1BB

D1BB Member

Another update already, wow! Is the kernel not included with your ROMs? After downloading, the md5 is correct but file size is smaller than what is posted. I also cannot get them to boot without flashing a separate kernel. Other than that I have nothing but praise for your work, it's almost seems like you've done the impossible. Thanks from all of us.
    P.S. forgot to mention some numbers are missing from top row of stock keyboard on pre 01 and 02. Haven't flashed 03 yet, so if its already been fixed disregard.
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2014
  16. chevycam94

Havent noticed missing numbers, will have to go back and check. My ROM has ChevyNo1's kernel built in. It flashes and runs just fine for me every time. Make sure you also update to the latest recovery from RZ (v2.0.3). I will be adding a link to it on my site when I get a chance. Im in the middle of finals right now, so after that, things will pick back up.
  17. D1BB

D1BB Member

Thanks for the quick reply. I'm currently using clockwork, so maybe that's the problem. And I noticed in pre03 that you changed dalvik.vm.heapsize to 24 as default in build.prop. I use heywire text over wifi app and 32 has proven to be as low as I can set it and still have the app function properly. I know it can easily be changed in settings, but for someone inexperienced and having problems you might want to revert it to your previous 32. I hope you don't think I'm trying to tell you how to do things, you definitely know better than me. Just trying to help and provide feedback. Well, best of luck with finals. Thank you again.
  18. jccjmml7

jccjmml7 New Member

I am charging up to flash the RZ recovery and the newest build. Will post a screenshot if possible, but this is very trivial IMO! Been running pre02 for days without any issues.
  19. chevycam94

I did see that the keyboard is missing some numbers on the top row. I have an idea, but need to test it still. As far as the VM heap size, Ive always used between 20 and 24, with no issues. But of course, there is no "perfect" setup here. And there are quite a few other values which will be tweaked before all is said and done. Try with 38, and see what happens. Im tossing around a few ideas in my head right now...
  20. jccjmml7

jccjmml7 New Member

Alright, so there is no issue with music app.....I was just used to a portrait album cover in the albums tab with gp music.

Flashed pre03 last night...so far, so good! I noticed the vkb issue as well, but I never long press for numbers anyhow.

With the apps I have loaded, I have 110mb system memory still open!
Search tags for this page

droid 3 ics

droid 3 jelly bean
droid 5
droid bionic jelly bean rom

droid razr jelly bean rom

droid x jelly bean

droid x jelly bean rom
droid x rom

droid x roms

droid x roms 2012

jelly bean rom