[ROM] [OFFICIAL THREAD] Steel Droid -5-28-2014 - Resurrecting Gingerbread!

Discussion in 'Steel Droid' started by chevycam94, Jan 12, 2012.

1. chevycam94

chevycam94 Steel Droid ROM Developer Developer

Ratings:
    +27
    Current Phone Model:
    LG G2 (VZW)
    I need to get more done with that. I am going to be at work for at least another week, so I need to work on it when I have free time after work, which isnt that long. Been working super long days, but I will get something up and going, just be patient. :-D Good things come to those who wait! LOL

2. Savagerun

Savagerun Member

Ratings:
    +10
    I totally understand you have a life out of doing your dev work so whenever you have it ready is fine with me, my droidx isn't going anywhere lol... I appreciate just that your doing it so you won't hear me being pushy or complaining.
    Edit.... I've been getting bored with all the newer ics roms so this weekend I've had some free time and revisited some of the froyo roms gummyjar,rubix, apex and liberty. It's amazing how stable those roms are. Im on liberty(froyo) right now because that had the best battery life out of those 4. Im gonna stay here till you get your build done and then I'll jump on that.
    Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Last edited: Jul 29, 2012
  3. shine.runner01

shine.runner01 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have a Droid 2 (a955) running on 4.5.621 with android version 2.3.4 & I was wondering if there was a way to make Steel or any other of Chevy's fine roms to run on there? And yes It is Fully Rooted & has Full Superuser (3.1.3) installed. Thanks in advance for any help

4. Savagerun

Savagerun Member

Ratings:
    +10
    You should be able to install it once chevy gets the build updated for the D2. It's a 2nd init rom so it should install just fine on 621.

5. shine.runner01

shine.runner01 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    That was fast & Thanks for the info, I didn't know maybe if he had something & I just over looked it or not.

6. I_TerraBull

I_TerraBull New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I've been rocking my OG until the shared data/unlimited fiasco. I got the S3, but I still can't put my OG down.(It feels like a tank compared to the S3). SD81 is running smooth as ever on my phone(smart device).

Even though the S3 is activated, the OG still shows cellular bars.(No 3g or 1x). I can't make/receive calls or texts. Seeing those bars kinda worries me. I know that I can just put the phone in airplane mode, but I can't get a GPS lock in airplane mode(even with wifi and gps toggled on). Does the GPS on the OG need a cell signal to work? Will I somehow be charged if I don't keep the phone in airplane mode?

7. chevycam94

Ratings:
    +27
    Current Phone Model:
    LG G2 (VZW)
    I know I need to update my D2 build. I'm going to make a test build for the D1, see if it still looks right. Do you have the D2 or D2G?

8. chevycam94

Ratings:
    +27
    Current Phone Model:
    LG G2 (VZW)
    Check in About Phone and see what the phone number is. If the phones NOT active, it will show all X's and the last 4 actual numbers of the last phone number it was activated with.

As far as GPS, correct me if I'm wrong, but that does NOT require a carrier connection, and should work just fine through WIFI. Defeats the purpose, as you can't get new map tiles in Maps without an active data connection of some kind, including WIFI. You won't be charged anything unless your actually connected to Verizon (use method mentioned above to check).

9. callmechewy

callmechewy New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    So I installed this on my Droid X, and it runs really well. Good job!

I have, however, ran into something of an issue. When I turned bluetooth on, the phone rebooted and deleted all of the text messages I had had before the reboot.
    After that, I also couldn't connect to any services (Facebook, Play Store, browser), whether with wireless on and connected or without it. The 3G indicator also is staying grey.

Any suggestions?

Edit - Ok, a restart didn't fix it, but shutting the phone down for a little bit did the trick. Not sure what happened though.

Edit 2 - Spoke too soon...I can now browse the Play store, but I can't actually download anything. It just sits with the progress bar saying "downloading". Also, I still can't use the browser even though both the Wifi and 3G icons are blue and connected. I can still send and receive texts (and mms) and view my email (K9 Mail). I can also still use Play Music (Google Music) without issue.

Edit 3 - Ok...another restart and everything seems to be working again. Still not sure what caused all this though, although it happened after the random reboot from turning on bluetooth.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2012
  10. chevycam94

Ratings:
    +27
    Current Phone Model:
    LG G2 (VZW)
    I actually just built a new Droid X build tonight. I will upload it to one of my testers, and see if it even boots, and go from there. Having trouble building my D2 and D2G builds though, that's why there hasn't been an update to those two in a while.

11. Savagerun

Savagerun Member

Ratings:
    +10
    Sounds great on the dx build!! Wasn't expecting it this early in the week. Hopefully it boots fine.
    Edit****** I just sbf'd back to gb so if you need another tester just shoot me a link otherwise I'll just wait to see how it goes.
    Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Last edited: Jul 31, 2012
  12. Jeffyo

Jeffyo Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Just like the D2. Always a pain in the butt. My biased past experience. Still love the current D2 build. Not sure I'm ready to try anything else. What isn't broke...

13. callmechewy

callmechewy New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Ok, another edit...

It appears that every time I leave where I have wireless coverage, the problem surfaces (read above). When I come back into wireless range, it connects and shows that I have an IP address, but I still can't use the web or other data services.

14. Savagerun

Savagerun Member

Ratings:
    +10
    Chevy is working on an update build for the dx right now. The build you installed is over 3 months old, not that that matters but just wondering why you didn't wait for the new build. Did you install the themed or unthemed version of 4.0? I flashed the unthemed version when it first came out and didn't have the issues your having. As a matter fact i was impressed with how it ran. Maybe you can download the opposite version of what you installed and do a complete wipe and install that and see how it goes.

15. callmechewy

callmechewy New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I simply downloaded the one (4.0) that was listed on the front post...I wasn't aware there was another one, or that this was hadn't been updated in a while.

Also, I wasn't whining or complaining about the issues...I was simply trying to find out if it was a known issue or something specific to my device.

Search tags for this page
droid 3 ics
droid 3 jelly bean
droid 5
droid bionic jelly bean rom
droid razr jelly bean rom

droid x jelly bean

droid x roms

droid x roms 2012
jelly bean rom

steel droid