[ROM] [OFFICIAL THREAD] Steel Droid -5-28-2014 - Resurrecting Gingerbread!

Discussion in 'Steel Droid' started by chevycam94, Jan 12, 2012.

1. pauljr366

pauljr366 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Great to hear chevy! 10.5 is running great, can't wait for 10.6 :biggrin:

2. chevycam94

chevycam94 Steel Droid ROM Developer
    Developer

Ratings:
    +203
    Current Phone Model:
    Nexus 6P
    Well, latest would mean that whatever changes CM has made to their GB branch (and merged) will be included when I sync. Latest "version" from CM for GB is 7.2.0 RC1 (I think its RC1, havent looked really).

3. mgross029

mgross029 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    ChevyCam,
    Some things I've noticed on 10.5. After using the gps and exiting the app the gps seems to stay enabled and typically a reboot is needed to correct. Bluetooth also seems to hang at times. Otherwise great ROM! Just thought I would mention in case you need to correct something before the 10.6 release...

Thanks for keeping up the great work!

4. chevycam94

Developer

Ratings:
    +203
    Current Phone Model:
    Nexus 6P
    Using the toggles doesn't have any effect (without rebooting)?

5. Rylvir

Rylvir Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I've seen this two times, its like the icon stays in the notification bar even though GPS is off (on power control widget/notification drop down)
    I think airplane mode fixed it for me

6. mgross029

mgross029 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    no tried that and did not work. AP mode worked once for me, but not all the time.

7. barfight

barfight New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Having trouble logging onto foursquare and facebook keeps force closing with the latest update for the droid 2. Any ideas?

8. pauljr366

pauljr366 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I can confirm this issue as well (OG 10.5). Sometimes the power control widget isn't synced with the notification pulldown toggles too. Usually airplane mode takes care of it, if not a quick reboot definitely does. Problem isn't frequent, a few times a week at most.

Thanks for being the only dev to still give love to this great device!!

9. chevycam94

Developer

Ratings:
    +203
    Current Phone Model:
    Nexus 6P
    I know this sounds dumb guys, but in all honesty, and most of you probably agree to a certain degree, that the ICS version for the D3 just isnt quite a stable as a daily driver should be. Lots of things dont work (stupid codecs.....), and even for me, its kind of annoying. I would be perfectly content to just run my 4.x versions, and my new (not yet released) ROM based on 5.7.906 (yeah, sorry thats taking so long, so many things to do. lol)

Im considering dropping the ICS build for the D3, but want to hear from you guys whether or not you think I should continue to build it or not. DONT be disrespectful, but PLEASE voice your opinion. Its ok Moderators, Im giving members a chance to speak out here, but within reason. I WANT to hear what they have to say.

What are your honest opinions about the current/future development of Steel Droid ICS for the D3?

10. MartyMacGyver

MartyMacGyver New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm looking for a setting I thought I stumbled upon in this rom... I like to use the camera button when the camera is actually on and active, but I very much dislike how it will interrupt anything else I'm doing when it's accidentally pressed. Is there a setting in Steel Droid or base CM that accomplishes this?

11. WillisD

WillisD Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Chevycam94 this rom is so snappy by far the best I've found on my d1

12. lorddonk

lorddonk New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hello, I registered just to post this

Hello, I registered just to post this! PLEASE don't give up on the Droid 3! As you are probably aware, Motorola has officially given up on ever giving the Droid 3 an official update to ICS so it is up to only the wonderful developer community now who can give us a functioning phone that isn't full of crappy bloat and laggy moto blur.

I was duped into getting the Droid 3 and then not even 3 months later the Droid 4 was not only announced but released. What a piece of crap! I am just getting into the "ROM" things because I searched on Google to see if anyone else had as many problems with this phone as I do and was introduced to a magical world of "rooting" and "installing roms" on the phone to turn it into what it should have been in the first place for $200!

I for one beg of you not to deny anyone your awesome ROM because they are stuck on Motorola/Verizon's horrible excuse for a phone that was obsolete the day it came out.

That said, I still have not installed any ROM because I'm too afraid, and I was looking to try the CM9 mod until I saw that this mod was also available and is based on it and the hosting for the CM9 and AOKP downloads is currently down.

Search tags for this page
droid 3 ics
droid 3 jelly bean
droid 5
droid bionic jelly bean rom
droid razr jelly bean rom

droid x jelly bean

droid x roms

droid x roms 2012
jelly bean rom

steel droid