[ROM] [OFFICIAL THREAD] Steel Droid -5-28-2014 - Resurrecting Gingerbread!

Discussion in 'Steel Droid' started by chevycam94, Jan 12, 2012.

1. regkilla

regkilla Member

Ratings:
    +1
    How does this run on the Droid X?

2. meishkov

meishkov Member

Ratings:
    +2
    whoa, now that was scary. Had no service, keyboard kept constantly force closing, and when I tried to go into TiBu to find out someway to change back the Android ID or somethin, it got stuck on the "Asking for root..." screen everytime, and I'd have to back out of it. Tried wiping when I installed my backup it was still that same way, did it a few more times, and BAM, back to normal. Have NO idea what the hell just happened, but for a second there I thought my phoneID changed somehow and verizon wouldn't recognize it or somethin, then I thought my backup just got corrupted somehow, and my RSDlite still somehow will not let me SBF back to stock, the "Start" button just stays grayed out, and like I said the left-side info just has N/A under the first couple things. Have done it a million times before, well maybe more like 30 or so, so I'm not doing anything new that I haven't done before. Oh well I guess, my backup just randomly started working again, as in it says verizon wireless and not no service....the whole top notification bar was completely gone(forgot to mention that part), which was really strange. Glad I made it out alive though.:hail:

3. drewrivera

drewrivera Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I think you need to move file to the c drive. The sbf file

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk 2

4. Savagerun

Savagerun Member

Ratings:
    +10
    Chevy hasn't updated the droidx build yet but he said he would be doing it so we just have to wait till he has it ready. Im looking forward to it myself.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

5. meishkov

meishkov Member

Ratings:
    +2
    That's what I was thinking somethin like that, or that the moto drivers got uninstalled somehow, but the sbf file is in the same place its been previously when rsd lite worked fine.

Sent from my OG using DroidForums

6. GRASSINATOR

GRASSINATOR New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    No face unlock anymore for security?
    Steel Droid JellyBean v2.0

7. meishkov

meishkov Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Hmm, kinda off topic, but knowing alot of peeps on here have multiple devices, I just got offered to upgrade my phone thru my work, and am only thinking galaxy nexus or sg3, wondering What the consensus is...I know sg3 is more powerful but not by much, and don't know which one development is heavy on. Think the nexus is but I guess I'll just cruise thru some threads. Definitely not getting rid of the OG tho as I'll probably carry around both devices.

8. GRASSINATOR

GRASSINATOR New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Had my GNex since it's release last November and I absolutely love it. Now being one of the only devices running Jelly Bean all I can say is that I love it even more. Super fast, good battery life after some tweaking and constant updates all around I have had zero complaints with this remarkable phone. I was considering the Galaxy III as well but was looking into acquiring the Euro edition which is a Quad-Core device. Aside from that you can now acquire the Samsung GNex for $100 through Verizon which is a tight deal! I would go for that or perhaps consider the HTC One X over the Galaxy III. Some food for thought, whatever decision you make you will be very happy with the result ;-)

9. meishkov

meishkov Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Grassinator thanks for the input. Only problem I have now I'm thinking about is how this disaster will go with going from 3g unlimited grandfathered to some bullcrap share everything plan. Since I'm still on my parents plan to save some scrilla, I gotta feeling that its gonna kick them off unlimited and me as well once somebody on the plan upgrades...if I remember correctly. Shouldn't really matter That much, since moms and pops don't really use data for anything, so should be safe there. Would love to keep unlimited for a 4g device, but doubt I'll be able to convince my boss to throw down $600+ for a new phone just so I can keep unlimited.;)

10. Daballa

Daballa Member

Ratings:
    +5
    Don't know where I saw it but read an article where there is some sort of loophole were if one of the lines on your family plan is a regular non data phone, then Verizon is still allowing grandfathered unlimited days plans to be upgraded for the time being. Of course they will not inform you of this in-store. Something you may want to investigate if there is at least one non-data phone on the plan. I got a Maxx right before the share everything plans kicked in. Still mess around with the O.G. though.

11. meishkov

meishkov Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Yea I know I wish my boss would've offered this at the beginning of June, but believe me I'm grateful regardless. I remember seeing somethin written about that a little bit ago, unfortunately for me its just my OG and my rents both have dinc2's. I know they don't plan on upgrading anytime soon as they just did not too long ago when they got those dinc2's for free. Gotta make sure the price increase on our plan only gets applied to my line, paying $58/month right now, hopefully it won't go up too much as I'm not really willing to pay it, knowing its Just big red trying to squeeze every dollar out of peeps. Was leaning towards sg3 but now I'm reading about some screens randomly cracking and some coming apart. Don't really wanna get insurance but they might suck me in there, since I definitely can't risk it breaking.

12. cr08

cr08 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm curious if anyone has ever ran into this problem. In particular any app that uses the camera will show a completely black screen in 'live view' mode, but when the picture is taken the result comes out just fine. And stuff in software that does 'calculations' based on said live image (Barcode scanner app showing the little yellow flicks when it starts to spot a barcode, the auto-focus in the stock camera app) seem to work just fine. This one has been bugging me for the past week or so. Does it on every app that uses the camera that I can tell.

13. dublinlarry

dublinlarry New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Just installed 10.8 on my og Droid. Installed over top of 10.5 and no issues so far.

What's best rom for og and tips for best battery life. Need og Droid to hang on until end of year...

14. meishkov

meishkov Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Well I'd have to say no doubt steel Droid is the best ROM for the OG and to save battery only things I do is never use a task killer of course, and I turn off sync at night thru the power control widget on my homescreen. Besides that not sure what else there's to do, maybe turn off mobile data.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2012
  15. Rylvir

Rylvir Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Best ROM? Steel Droid hands down. It's better than the froyo roms and is also a work of art.

An undervolted kernel I think is the best suggestion I can make, I have been using Smartass governor and chevyno1 1ghz ultra low voltage but there are other kernels to try and see which works best for you. Also agree with Meishkov, ditch the task killer if you are using one. After flashing a ROM its a good idea to run Battery Calibration (on android market) and I always try to discharge my battery completely and let it charge till the light goes off plus 2 hours.

If I am in the city with relatively great cell reception I get 10-12 hours battery life running Bluetooth (a2dp earpiece connected), 3g and sync on all the time, phone calls, apps that use the camera, apps that stream audio, little gaming (wordfeud mostly) and a few txts. At home, my reception is poor (-103dbm atm) and can kill the battery in half that time. I am fairly happy with this setup but I know I have seen 20+ hours by limiting the 3g connectivity and/or cellular connectivity. I'm curious what user running De-primed kernel have seen for battery life.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2012
Search tags for this page
droid 3 ics
droid 3 jelly bean
droid 5
droid bionic jelly bean rom
droid razr jelly bean rom

droid x jelly bean

droid x roms

droid x roms 2012
jelly bean rom

steel droid