[ROM] [OFFICIAL THREAD] Steel Droid -5-28-2014 - Resurrecting Gingerbread!

Discussion in 'Steel Droid' started by chevycam94, Jan 12, 2012.

1. cr08

cr08 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    There's another tiny issue that has slowly come to my attention and that is that the 'lock homescreen in memory' option doesn't seem to do anything. Even after running a lightweight app for an amount of time I'm coming back to having to redraw my home screen and dock drawer. And with around 10 pages of apps, that is some tedious waiting. ;)

Mind you I am not running the included launcher but ADW EX which is my favorite mostly. Dunno if that effects it at all.

Memory doesn't at all seem to be an issue. Although I haven't looked at numbers, I rarely feel the usual sluggishness that sets in when free mem hits below 30M.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk 2

2. Durandgir

Durandgir Member

Ratings:
    +0
    On the D1 I always had redraws on every rom with lock home in memory.

3. jdawg334

jdawg334 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I liked and purchased ADW also but there doesn't seem to be any support for this launcher anymore since they haven't updated since December. There have been complaints in the user reviews saying other people are having problems with it also. I'm using the Nemus launcher that came with SD and get occasional redraws if I've been in the maps or browsing for a while but they seem less for me than ADW.

4. usmcamgrimm

usmcamgrimm Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Thanks for all your hard work Chevy! Running SD10 on my OG for 2 days now with no issues.

5. bluesupra

bluesupra New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    my wifi can't connect anymore, it used to be fine but after i disconnect the network doesn't recognize anymore.. is there any fix about this? thnx

6. MartyMacGyver

MartyMacGyver New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Well, I took the plunge again tonight and installed 10.5 on my OG Droid. I backed it up, wiped it, installed 10.5, logged in and let the phone automatically reinstall my settings and apps (and busily shuffled some off to SD for the sake of space).

WiFi worked right away, though it periodically went offline (I've never had the greatest luck at 1000 mhz on this one).

I carefully restored a few apps' data with TiBu (things that would be a royal pain to reconfigure manually and which are pretty self-contained). I did NOT accidentally restore half the system settings with TiBu this time (what led to my earlier problems).

So far the pattern lockscreen works, though it's not quite clear how to get the old CM behavior back that I'm used to (namely, power button leads right to the pattern unlock screen). I've gotten it to where that'll happen if the keyboard is slid out, or if I power on the screen and touch a soft button, but not just because I powered it on (as it did before). Thoughts? Or is this just how it is?

Also, in terms of CPU speed... I've got 1000/250 with the interactive governor by default... is that a solid combination (other than maybe dropping the top freq a bit)? Is the old "suddenly it runs at 250 mhz all the time issue gone here? I don't see the setting for the screen-off speed offhand (which is what appears to have been the problem before).

Still fiddling with Nemus. I was using Launcher Pro but I think I like this one more. Restoring icons from LP to Nemus seems to work... but curiously I get two more pages as well. Not quite sure how to change that. <--- Nevermind that, you just do that from the "Switcher" screen... now I've got things arranged as they were before and with very little effort involved!

Overall, it's nice to be up-to-date again! Thank you! :) I'm eager to see how it performs over the coming days...

(As a side-note, I'm also pleased to find RZR 2.0.3 working well - first time I used it a few months back it caused some problems, but now it works like a charm.)

7. GreenRaccoon

GreenRaccoon New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    That's odd. I don't have this problem on the Droid 1. I've tried it on two different phones (same model), and I don't have this problem.

8. trini.s2k

trini.s2k Member

Ratings:
    +0
    reboot your router

9. chevycam94

chevycam94 Steel Droid ROM Developer Developer

Ratings:
    +186
    Current Phone Model:
    Nexus 6P
    Galaxy Nexus build has been updated to v3.80. Check it out!

10. chevycam94

chevycam94 Steel Droid ROM Developer Developer

Ratings:
    +186
    Current Phone Model:
    Nexus 6P
    As of tonight, I will begin my migration from Linux Mint 12 to Linux Mint 13. Its not a one night process, so all of my builds and stuff will be on hold until I get the new system set up, updated, and building again. Just letting everyone know.

11. meishkov

meishkov Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Somewhere in Steel Box there's the setting for removing the lockscreen entirely, but you HAVE to have some kinda security pattern or PIN enabled. I remember trying it out awhile ago, where I just hit the power button on top and there's no ring or slider unlock and it's at the pattern screen.

As far as CPU speed, I'm on deprimed, but I run 900max/400min ondemand, to avoid any kinda lag when coming out of sleep. My OG has ALWAYS had issues with low frequencies and low voltages. Have had to adjust the necessities to compensate. Took me awhile to figure out, give up hope, and accept the fact that my OG wasn't one of the better manufactured ones, as far as internals and the CPU thresholds are concerned. :)

I liked Nemus as well, but it just uses too much memory, so I've been back on launcherpro like I've been for like 2 years. I'll get random redraws after about 3-4 days of system uptime, but only after using Maps, which won't work if I'm like 100+ hours of uptime hahah, or if I just went to a heavy website, and I have that /data/local.prop tweak to attempt to reduce redraw. After awhile I think there's just nothing you can do to prevent the system from running choppy, no tweak or script or cache dump or changing CPU governors or anything, from what I've experienced, can replace the effect that a reboot does. Ahhh, the mysteries of android.
    :hail:

12. Lenster

Lenster Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Running SD 10.5. I have been using Deprimed kernel 450 min and 900 max for every ROM I've load in the past year SD and others. But starting with SD 10.2 I have been getting lags. Switched to Chevy 1.0G lowV and the phone flies. Running min 550 max 900.

Search tags for this page
droid 3 ics
droid 3 jelly bean
droid 5
droid bionic jelly bean rom
droid razr jelly bean rom

droid x jelly bean

droid x roms

droid x roms 2012
jelly bean rom

steel droid