[ROM] [OFFICIAL THREAD] Steel Droid -5-28-2014 - Resurrecting Gingerbread!

Discussion in 'Steel Droid' started by chevycam94, Jan 12, 2012.

1. bkcdroid

bkcdroid Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Steeldroid 10.5 is working great so far! Thanks again for new luv for our wonderful D1's, Chevy!

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk 2

2. 0chilly

0chilly Member

Ratings:
    +3
    well, my question wasn't so stupid after all (see previous edit about stupid question lol).

what recovery is everyone using for their Droid1's these days? i've been on RZR 2.0.2 and was about to upgrade to 2.0.3 when i realized the links in the rzr forum are all broken. :\

even more depressing is that my go-to site for droid1, rescue.macleod-web.net, is also gone now. man, leave for a few months (ok, a year lol) and everything is already gone :( someone please help! :D thank you!

3. mgross029

mgross029 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    The .zip you mention in the above post is not a ROM it is Boot Animation... Go down a little further to the Droid 1 section and download the SD10500.zip and us that to flash. As far as recoveries I am still on Clockworkmod, but have thought about going to RZR at some point.

4. cr08

cr08 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Clockworkmod here. Started on that with my initial root+rom and haven't changed. Don't see any reason to honestly. Though I'd love to hear reasons why I should. :)

5. meishkov

meishkov Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Yo 0chilly I have the rzrecovery 2.0.3 file if u need it. Just let me know n I'll upload it to a dropbox link.

I use to run sprecovery then realized rzrecovery was the same as it but Just improved upon. Such as different color schemes, charging while in recovery, overclocking, tho not sure if that even works. Seems like a really solid recovery to me. Only used cwm like once n forget how it is.

Sent from my OG using DroidForums

6. Daballa

Daballa Member

Ratings:
    +5
    Loving SD 10.5 so far! It has been running like a champ for the last couple of days now.
    One thing though, I think Meishkov pointed this out a few posts back, could you please look at getting the custom image on the lockscreen working. It seems to never change from the default wallpaper image.

7. chevycam94

chevycam94 SteelDroid ROM / Cortex ROM Developer
    Developer

Ratings:
    +223
    Current Phone Model:
    Nexus 6P, VZW Note Edge, D1
    I know, RZ's stuff is down right now. I asked him about it. Here is the RZR 2.0.3 flashable zip. I would recommend his recovery over CWM. His just seems to work better, and is more user friendly.

RZR RECOVERY 2.0.3

8. meishkov

meishkov Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Man, not sure if I wanna flash 10.5, the latest for me is runnin too darn well. By any chance is there a way to make auto-brightness more efficient? I swear it'll dim out on me at the worst possible time while I'm driving haha. I remember back on like froyo maybe eclair the auto brightness used to transition smoothly when going from brightest to auto. Seemed like it was more accurate as well, and I know there's a bunch of settings in Display under Steel Box, but I have no idea how I would make it better using those settings, majority of them don't make any sense to me, and I had to read one of the settings' descriptions like 10 times cuz it made absolutely no sense to me at all haha, seemed like horrible grammar or something:blink:

9. 0chilly

0chilly Member

Ratings:
    +3
    thanks for that!

10. metalspring

metalspring Silver Member

Ratings:
    +24
    hmm it might be a little different but I made custom auto brightness settings for the gnex so I might be able to help...you want it so it doesn't go through each brightness as fast? Or adjust the brightness for each light level?

11. metalspring

metalspring Silver Member

Ratings:
    +24
    here's what someone suggested for the gnex settings to me...the brightness for each level might need raised a bit fur the Droid but it might help make auto brightness smoother for you

View attachment 50061

12. meishkov

meishkov Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Thanks alot for the info. Yea just so it's smoother to each level, and my auto was staying dim for way too long.:happy3:

Saw that thread that the GN is up on Amazon for $150, man I'm tempted more now than ever. Not sure if I can wait any longer. Maybe when it comes down to $100:biggrin:

Search tags for this page
droid 3 ics
droid 3 jelly bean
droid 5
droid bionic jelly bean rom
droid razr jelly bean rom

droid x jelly bean

droid x roms

droid x roms 2012
jelly bean rom

steel droid