[ROM] [OFFICIAL THREAD] Steel Droid -5-28-2014 - Resurrecting Gingerbread!

Discussion in 'Steel Droid' started by chevycam94, Jan 12, 2012.

1. Durandgir

Durandgir Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Sweet deal :) Can't wait I love your Gnex builds.

2. trini.s2k

trini.s2k Member

Ratings:
    +0
    is this included in your new build or i still have to flash it when i load your new build?

curious question im new to the nexus , when i hold down on the background of my default screen nothing happens, when i did it in my d3 ,it gave me options to add wdigets and short cuts, is this normal?

#1022 trini.s2k, May 7, 2012
    Last edited: May 7, 2012
  3. phantom1969

phantom1969 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the update.

4. metalspring

metalspring Silver Member

Ratings:
    +24
    Radios/basebands are not usually included in roms, flash them separately (they will stick until you flash different radios)

And as far as Widgets its kind of a yes and no, some roms include widgetpicker which allows to to long press on the home screen but some roms don't have it, in which case long pressing on the home screen does nothing and you must add Widgets from the app drawer

5. trini.s2k

trini.s2k Member

Ratings:
    +0
    is there wifi tether hack on the gnex build? if not how come , im waiting for the new update because the last one has no gapps

6. chevycam94

chevycam94 SteelDroid ROM / Cortex ROM Developer
    Developer

Ratings:
    +223
    Current Phone Model:
    Nexus 6P, VZW Note Edge, D1
    All of my ROMs ALWAYS include gapps. I just forgot the Vending.apk in the last GNex build. All the other gapps are still in there. Not sure how I missed that one. lol

7. b_j427

b_j427 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    love this rom just flashed it the other day had liberty but wasnt impressed but love this one one question had do you install the boot animation? oh and i have the droid x just upgraded from the droid 1

8. cr08

cr08 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Flashed this yesterday on my OG and absolutely loving it. Finding it to be the fastest and smoothest rom with my current setup (16GB class 10 SD card, partitioned to ~14GB main FAT32, 1GB FAT32 for Link2SD. Every possible non-widget/system app linked to SD. Roughly ~140 some installed user applications.). Only one tiny issue though that I found and I am wondering if anyone else has it as well. Play Store errors out on installing/buying/downloading any item. Tried rebooting, the clear cache/data trick. No change.

Keep up the good work! No reason the OG can't still be a very viable device with the right rom behind it. :)

9. sherri

sherri Silver Member

Ratings:
    +14
    +1 on the OG Droid! "If it ain't broke......"

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 2

10. meishkov

meishkov Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Hell yea man, I've been rockin SD10 since it came out, and this latest version runs the smoothest out of anything I've run to date, gingerbread wise, and in general. Though when I flashed the latest version I restored everything to internal memory, and things have stayed excellent. On my crappy stock SD card when I put everything on it thru link2sd it eventually got really sluggish pretty frequently. A reboot would fix it, but only temporarily. Decided to just run everything on the onboard memory, and it ain't much, just the majority of apps that I use. Good way to get rid of a lot of useless junk tho haha.:icon_ lala:

As far as the market, I had that problem as well, now I can't remember how it fixed. I think it was yea clear the cache/data for Market, but that didn't work for me, then someone mentioned Google service framework somethin, and I cleared that cache or whatever, think a reboot, and it was fixed. You could always just uninstall /system/vending.apk thru TiBu then just restore an earlier backup. But try that service framework app, clear it's data and/or cache and that should fix it I believe... from what I can remember:blink:

11. cr08

cr08 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Ok. Fixed the market. Clearing the data/cache on the services framework and rebooting did nothing. Uninstalled the market (from Link2SD. Was a full uninstall) without checking my latest backups and realizing it was only user apps. Found a random copy of vending.apk floating around the net and put it in. Waited for it to update back to Play Store. So far one app has installed without error. :D

12. cobravnm13

cobravnm13 Senior Member

Ratings:
    +54
    I'm thinking about loading this up on my D3 after the new update hits. I liked these on my OG Droid and my D2.

Sent from my 3rd reincarnation of the ever-so-lovable Droid

Search tags for this page
droid 3 ics
droid 3 jelly bean
droid 5
droid bionic jelly bean rom
droid razr jelly bean rom

droid x jelly bean

droid x roms

droid x roms 2012
jelly bean rom

steel droid