[ROM] [OFFICIAL THREAD] Steel Droid -5-28-2014 - Resurrecting Gingerbread!

Discussion in 'Steel Droid' started by chevycam94, Jan 12, 2012.

1. cowsquad

cowsquad Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I am not fan of miui android. I like miui.us and they include gapps too. Don't they?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

2. Durandgir

Durandgir Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Trust me I perfer MIUI.us ever since the D1 days when they split. They do include them, but you need to flash a zip that updates them to the newest ones with each release. The performance on miui.us wasn't as good as miui.android currently. i'm waiting for v4 to become more stable.

3. metalspring

metalspring Silver Member

Ratings:
    +24
    I'll have to try those out later, I'm liking my current setup lol...aokp m5 with natemz red theme (pretty sharp if you ask me) and twisted rubix transitions (also pretty cool)

Still I'm curious about what Chevy is going to throw at us gnext

#999 metalspring, May 2, 2012
    Last edited: May 2, 2012
  4. cowsquad

cowsquad Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Have you tried ghost theme by gbill. It is just like incognito for sapphire on the Droid 1. Very clean white theme

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

5. cmiller5778

cmiller5778 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Quick question, kinda new at rooting, buddy of mine has shown me the basics. With this ROM for the driod X(shadow.zip - 98.43 MB - Custom ICS
    MD5: aeba12c266092faa51d262e94dd777d5) , when flashing do you need to flash gapps as well?

6. meishkov

meishkov Member

Ratings:
    +2
    damn metalspring, that's a pretty slick lookin setup u got goin there:biggrin:

Was just at the Big Red store, my buddy upgraded his POS Droid Eris to a RAZR, I was messin with the Nexus, extremely nice phone. They said they surprisingly don't sell many of them at all. I said give me a deal and I'll take one off your hands. Was messin with the XYBOARD too, wasn't bad, except for the insane $430 price tag. Asked when they're comin down to $100. I like the lockscreen on it, gonna try and see if anybody's ported it, tho unlikely since that thing is extremely unpopular, couldn't believe they even still have them on display. No marketing whatsoever since Xmas.

Anyway, not sure what that dude was doin wrong regarding that beatsaudio0314.zip a few pages back, I just flashed it with no problem, without editing that updater-script to put in that "run_program /sbin" or whatever it was. Gonna try n see if I notice a difference. I'll be able to tell if there's less cackling at certain points, doubt it makes it any louder tho. Could try up'ing the speaker volume to "extreme" in dsp manager and jam it out :icon_ lala:

edit: check that, looks like none of the files copied into their respective folders in /system, even tho it said installed succesfully in recovery. Guess I'm gonna try that command you posted a couple days back :icon_eek:

#1002 meishkov, May 2, 2012
  7. meishkov

meishkov Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Your right metalspring, I looked at a bunch of different flashable .zips I have stockpiled, and noticed
    Code:
    mount("MTD","system","/system");

so I tried that but failed, error 7, somethin like expecting 4 arguments, got 3... informative error message I must say
    so I found your recommendation in a bunch of others,
    Code:
    run_program("/sbin/busybox","mount","/system");
    and sure enough, installed just fine, this time I know cuz my /system/etc folder is flooded now haha. Thanks a lot for hittin me with some knowledge:hail:

#1003 meishkov, May 2, 2012
  8. metalspring

Ratings:
    +24
    Btw as far as finding deals on phones make sure to check Amazon, I originally got mine for $230 vs $300 at Verizon, then they ran a deal on Amazon for $150, I called them and they refunded me the difference (I think Verizon was still at $300 at the time)

And for the lock screen try go locker with one of the ics lockscreen themes
    (Best if you disable built in lockscreen)

9. metalspring

Ratings:
    +24
    Just make sure to check free space in /system, if its something like less than 100kb then the zip probably didn't apply everything...the newest version requires something like 15-16 MB to fit everything in

10. chevycam94

chevycam94 SteelDroid ROM / Cortex ROM Developer
    Developer

Ratings:
    +223
    Current Phone Model:
    Nexus 6P, VZW Note Edge, D1
    Nope. All of my ROMs have gapps already included in them. Makes your lives easier! :)

11. cmiller5778

cmiller5778 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    thanks! just started the process... should be rebooting in just a few

12. meishkov

meishkov Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Yea I'm probably waiting til late summer or so to upgrade. Gonna hope that some slick quadcore beast hits the streets, but man that GN was super slimey slick. I tried to load up as many things as I could on it, then go home, load up maps, bring up the phone, bring up the browser, no lag anywhere. Keep trying to get my OG to fly like that hahaha. I like those 3 on-screen buttons, very nice touch. The screen is quite the improvement and size compared to what I'm working with here, tho I haven't heard of the battery being too crappy. The SG3 packin the 4.8" screen, pretty darn big, tho I don't think it's comin to big red. I might be waiting into fall for a nice moto quadcore probably.:icon_eek:

#1008 meishkov, May 3, 2012
    Last edited: May 4, 2012
Search tags for this page
droid 3 ics
droid 3 jelly bean
droid 5
droid bionic jelly bean rom
droid razr jelly bean rom

droid x jelly bean

droid x roms

droid x roms 2012
jelly bean rom