[ROM] [OFFICIAL THREAD] Steel Droid -5-28-2014 - Resurrecting Gingerbread!

Discussion in 'Steel Droid' started by chevycam94, Jan 12, 2012.

1. salasman

salasman New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    dg2 having wifi and battery symbol issues...

Yea, d2g seems to be tricky. My sister in law gave me the phone so can't complain too much. Still my d1 works flawlessly with roms. Oh well. Without wifi, I sadly have to head back to MIUI...unless someone has suggestions.

2. Thirtybird

Thirtybird New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Just wanted to post this here in case I'm not the only one experiencing it on D1. I flashed from BB and wiped cache and data and dalvik cache etc... After everything was set up and installed and I had the thing personalized, I got a random reboot, where the phone went into a boot loop before bringing up the Steel Droid animation - I did a battery pull and it did come up after that. I used the phone the rest of the day and when I could spend some time with it, I rebooted it cleanly and got the same boot loop. This time, a battery pull did not change anything. I wound up booting into recovery, and cleared the cache partition, and it then booted.
    This AM, I reapplied the rom, wiping dalvik cache again, and have rebooted a few times without re-experiencing the boot-loop. Hopefully just a fluke of cache...

24 hours in, and I'm happy I stuck with this phone instead of upgrading.

3. Durandgir

Durandgir Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have been experiencing a weird bug sometimes my phone will not rotate.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

4. flamewalker

flamewalker Member

Ratings:
    +3
    I think I finally figured out the ringtone issue on d1... if I leave the messaging app open when the screen is locked it gives the correct notification ringtone, but if I go to the homescreen then lock it, it rings a tone like a digital phone.

Does it both for text messages and facebook messenger.

Any ideas?

5. Thirtybird

Thirtybird New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Has anyone had any luck with disabling the lock screen when utilizing a pin unlock? I've checked the option "skip on security", but I'm still always prompted with the ring or slider unlock and then the pin unlock. seems silly to have both going, and hope to have only one.

6. ParadingLunatic

ParadingLunatic New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I decided to load this on my wife's regular D2 after getting sick of hearing her complaining about how slow her phone was running and that for some reason she was only able to download and load app updates while connected to wifi. The phone came from stock rooted. So far I haven't heard any complaints of her phone being slow (even though she has way too much crap loaded on it), but she is experiencing one small problem. I initially had the phone connected to wifi to download all of her apps and sync etc. For some reason when disabling wifi, it would disable, then about 30 seconds later would turn back on and reconnect to the access point. No matter how many times you would try to turn off wifi, it would turn right back on again. Finally after noticing it was eating through her battery and keeping her phone awake while away from a hotspot, I just rebooted the phone. Looks like that fixed it...for now. She's due for an upgrade 7/30 (go figure, our anniversary), so we'll probably wind up replacing it and I'm going to try my hardest to talk her out of getting another Motorola. Love the build quality, hate the empty promises.

7. alucardx

alucardx Member

Ratings:
    +0
    finally had the time to sit down and work on my phone (OG droid 1) and get this on there. had some issues after TB restore of accounts/sync/settings but looks like everything is good now.

so far, my free RAM is sitting at ~50MB which is great. however, I have not yet installed Swype which was probably eating the additional ram.

8. flamewalker

flamewalker Member

Ratings:
    +3
    Motorola makes some of the best hardware... some of the most reliable phones around. But I've heard some of the newer phones are locked, making them much more difficult, if not impossible to root and mod (at least the Verizon versions). Samsung seems to be making pretty good hardware as well. For me personally my next phone is probably either the Droid 4 or Nexus. Now to just find the money to pay for it! :p

9. chevycam94

chevycam94 SteelDroid ROM / Cortex ROM Developer
    Developer

Ratings:
    +223
    Current Phone Model:
    Nexus 6P, VZW Note Edge, D1
    I know I have been away since the v10.0 release, but rest assured, I'm working on some patches for as many of the issues as have been reported.

My time is limited, with forklift work, carpet installs, phone rooting business, cell phone repair, computer repairs and upgrades, car work, and my new found hacking hobby of upgrading, downgrading, NOR and NAND flashing, Custom Firmware creation, game cracking, and hardware modding, of the Slim and Phat PS3's.

I will be working hard to get v10.0 patches out to everyone asap. I know most of you are itching to upgrade, but for whatever reason cant/won't upgrade just yet.

10. cowsquad

cowsquad Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Add this to your list. ICS PORT for Droid 1 lol :)

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

11. Sixonefour

Sixonefour Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Off topic sorta but what mods are you doing for the ps3's?

12. chevycam94

chevycam94 SteelDroid ROM / Cortex ROM Developer
    Developer

Ratings:
    +223
    Current Phone Model:
    Nexus 6P, VZW Note Edge, D1
    Blue case LEDs, LED lit USB ports, hand made PS3 logo on top will be clear, filled with clear resin, and LED lit, downgraded to 3.55 Rogero v3.1 CFW, and dualbooting 3.55 CFW and 4.11 OFW, with 2 hard drives, 80GB (4.11), and 2.5TB (3.55).

Search tags for this page
droid 3 ics
droid 3 jelly bean
droid 5
droid bionic jelly bean rom
droid razr jelly bean rom

droid x jelly bean

droid x roms

droid x roms 2012
jelly bean rom

steel droid