[ROM] [OFFICIAL THREAD] Steel Droid -5-28-2014 - Resurrecting Gingerbread!

Discussion in 'Steel Droid' started by chevycam94, Jan 12, 2012.

1. Sixonefour

Sixonefour New Member

I know with RZR you can maneuver with the pad on the physical keyboard and use the enter key.
  2. chevycam94

chevycam94 Steel Droid ROM Developer Developer

You know whats weird, is I didnt even know that! Just tried and it works. Why is it I never heard about this till now?
  3. jorj

jorj New Member

LogCat

REALLY LOVE this ROM !!
    but also REALLY NEED to enable logcat. have not found a way on 9.0 to get it working. ONLY have OG's to develop on, and is important to have logcat in dev environment :)
    Nice to see the screenshot showing that it can be enabled or disabled in the new 10 rom.

P.S.
    Steel Droid is ROCK SOLID, I use it because the official ROM crashes too often and the reboots are terrible,
    SD 9 just seems to work - it is my preferred ROM on all OG's that will take it (Have 1 that only official ROM works with???? - POS).
  4. Durandgir

Durandgir New Member

Hey Chevy I saw in your newest update you are looking for a new launcher, why are you ditching Go? (i'm just curious Go never went well with my phone(s))
  5. Ozzie

Ozzie Member

...so you made me read the first post...:blink:
    Someone ran up his bill...that really sucks...if it wasn't him I'd be having a little talk...

As far as free launchers, I have been partial to Zeam. Even though I paid for ADW I still like Zeam better.
    I always get the force close on boot (seems no matter what launcher I use), but after that it runs great. It has a small footprint, it's customizable, and fast. I don't know about theming with it, but the icons change when I apply a theme.
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2012
  6. chevycam94

I just figured I would give users something thats a bit more easily customizable. I am having a hell of a hard time getting a theme made for GoLauncher, even with the template, and a full guide. Its more frustrating than I think I want to deal with right now.
  7. RobClay18838

RobClay18838 New Member

Ive used go launcher on my D1 since i rooted it. Has always been stable and smooth, even with all the effects n what have ya on. Roms lookin' and soundin' good so far!
  8. nyteowl

nyteowl New Member

I really hope to see a way to lock apps in memory (similar to liquid and cushy's roms). I've had little luck with the GoLauncher feature. If it weren't for that, SD would be my daily driver because it is stable as a rock and screaming fast! Can't wait for SD10. Thanks for the great work!

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
  9. Durandgir

Durandgir New Member

Go Launcher actually ran well back on Steel Droid 6, atleast I think it was 6 lol cause didn't you skip between 6 and 8 due to all the enhancements? But on 8 and 9 it honestly caused me a lot of headache and ate up all my ram
  10. jorj

jorj New Member

Logcat

I saw in the droid3 rom that you can enable logcat by modifying the file:
    /[FONT=inherit !important][FONT=inherit !important]system[/FONT][/FONT]/etc/init.d/01speedyMain

however this file does not exist in the rom for the OG :( Can someone point me to a way to do it in the latest released rom or a link to the beta of 10 (if it has been released). I'm really loving this rom and hate to switch to another over such a simple thing as logcat. Any help would be appreciated.

P.S.
    I have searched all files in the init.d directory and none of them reference the "rm" that needs commented out.

11. Sixonefour

Sixonefour New Member

+1 for Zeam Launcher. Its fast, simple and pleasing to the eyes. ICS theme for that one would be great! ROM is looking good, ChecyCam. That phone bill is outrageous.
  12. chevycam94

Your right its not in 10.0 yet. I had to scour the internet and flash at least 35 different kernels to find one with logcat still enabled. Its an old kernel, but surprisingly, still works very well. The mod to my Droid 3 ROM was recent, and long after I released v9.0 for the D1. Im still working on the v10.0.
  13. rkpeterson

rkpeterson New Member

fwiw I have SD9 running with Prime's de-primed kernel on my OG and logcat works without doing anything special.
  14. metalspring

metalspring New Member

hmm, you could ask prime if he could make up a kernel with logcat enabled...he's still actively developing last time i checked and always helpful. Or you could ask chevyno1 if he ever gets on, he had simply stunning set up so you could disable/enable logging (logcat), im not 100% if that was only for his kernels though, maybe that could help because i know chevyno1 kernels have logcat disabled by default on any rom

also i think i said this before but im not sure if anyone said it here, but if you want to try to incorporate some ics features in, the web browser would be awesome to be ported
    also an ics lockscreen option would be great too, i have to use go locker on steel droid 9 (unless im missing something somewhere?)
    another thing i like that works reasonably well that is from ics is the ics phase beam live wallpaper (your rom is basically the only one i can customize the look how i want AND add in a live wallpaper and it not slow to a crawl)

also as far as a launcher there is an ics launcher or 2 in the market, although last time i checked they didnt work very well at all

btw, if you havent already you might wanna take a quick little peek at the alpha ics build for any ideas for things you like to incorporate?
  15. pagodasrevenge

pagodasrevenge New Member

Thanks for the D1 support! Will this rom support Ext3?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
  16. chevycam94

Your wish is my command! lol That option has been added, along with a few more I didnt plan on, but worked out anyway.
  17. kevincat

kevincat New Member

if you fix the audio stuttering found in steel droid 9, ill send you 5 dollars. not much, but its all i can do. got a stratosphere and if i could have one rom on it, itd be this
  18. rkpeterson

rkpeterson New Member

I've been using ext3 on SD9 since it dropped.
  19. chevycam94

Where does the audio stuttering occur?
  20. chevycam94

I think I have decided on a new Launcher for the upcoming release. I have been playing around with at least 12 different launchers, and found another one that I like. Its also activly updated, but has a smaller memory footprint, still have an app-killing feature, and a far better homescreen/widget control system. Next set of screenshots will show you what Im talking about. For those that cant wait, or are simply impatient, the Launcher I have chosen is Nemus Launcher. It never lags, and is much smaller in size.

GoLauncher EX: 4.43 MB (Application storage space used: 6.44 MB)
    Nemus Launcher: 1.46 MB (Application storage space used: 2.80 MB)
Search tags for this page

droid 3 ics

droid 3 jelly bean
droid 5
droid bionic jelly bean rom

droid razr jelly bean rom

droid x jelly bean

droid x jelly bean rom
droid x rom

droid x roms

droid x roms 2012

jelly bean rom