[ROM] [OFFICIAL THREAD] Steel Droid -5-28-2014 - Resurrecting Gingerbread!

Discussion in 'Steel Droid' started by chevycam94, Jan 12, 2012.

1. Savagerun

Savagerun Member

Ratings:
    +10
    Re: [OFFICIAL THREAD] Steel Droid - 3-15-2013 - ITS JELLYBEAN TIME!

Chevy i flashed your 5.1 beta build 2 on the ole droidx and it's on the Froyo kernel. Looks good but no Internet connection with wifi or otherwise.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

2. chevycam94

chevycam94 SteelDroid ROM / Cortex ROM Developer
    Developer

Ratings:
    +223
    Current Phone Model:
    Nexus 6P, VZW Note Edge, D1
    Yeah, it takes a while to get situated. I am working on an updated build for the OG, but will need a bit more time. I am trying to work out a lot of kinks, and its making me want to bash my head on my desk a lot. lol

Hrmmmmm. I will make an updated build for the DX, and see if any of the issues get solved. I dont have one to test with, so it will have to be another public beta.

3. Savagerun

Savagerun Member

Ratings:
    +10
    Re: [OFFICIAL THREAD] Steel Droid - 3-15-2013 - ITS JELLYBEAN TIME!

Whenever you get around to doing the update just post it and i'll try it. Thx....

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

4. venom1553

venom1553 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    So any estimated release date? And will it have a better memory management system this one is the best I have tried so far but it has room for improvements

5. WillisD

WillisD Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Rule #1, never ask for ETA's

6. venom1553

venom1553 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Bizzarre problem

thanks for the advise.... i found a very odd problem just now. every time i attempt usb mode my d1 resets to steel droid boot screen and restarts even if i try to unmount the sd card it happens i have to send files throu the CWM menu. any idea whats causing it and how it might be addressed

not sure if it helps but i changed the original theme and everytime the device is turned of the theme gets mixed with the original theme for this rom the theme was also resposible for changing the usb mode logo from the filled logo that changes color when usb mode is on to this thin outlined droid robot that is seperated into two and turns white when usb mode is activated

any help on how to proceed is appreciated

7. waltsmith

waltsmith New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Attempt of new beta build install results on

From Original Post.

Droid X v5.1 Gingerbread BETA BUILD 2 Changelog (11-12-2012):
    * I have put this up for the public to try. Let me know if this even boots, and which kernel base you were using.

Running Kernel Version 2.6.32.9-g1282440
    Android Version 2.3.4
    CWM Version 5.0.2.0
    MD5 shecksum verified download good on SD card

After selecting zip in CWM. The zip errored out referencing android 2.3.4 not being 2.3.7 and not finding an -r switch? Don't have the message up anymore, sorry. I could duplicate it if you need.

Was updating from stock ROM OTA updated to 621. Rooted with the Droid X 621 bootstrapper apk installed for the 5.0.2.0 version of Clockwordmod.

Kinda new at this, first droid root. So, sorry if im missing any pertinent info. Thanks for all the hard work!!

8. Kevinutz

Kevinutz New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    What about a GB rom for Droid 3 that looks like ICS with AOKP features?

Thanks

9. guitarman2010

guitarman2010 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Flashed the CM7 for Droid Global 2 and the ROM was beautiful but WiFi would not work at all. I flashed it 3 times and did full wipes before each flash? What might be going on? Forgive me for not reading 170something pages of replies :)

10. sikassdrummer

sikassdrummer Member

Ratings:
    +1
    thanks for all the awsome rom,s chevy

Hay chevy ,was just hoping you could make a" droid 4" rom since they are now ota set with jb 4.1.2 and just mimic the steel droid 4.8 you did on the droid that was your best work besides 5.6 which was awesome if it had Bluetooth I would be using it on my wifes d3 and mine , but I got a droid 4 new and before I go thru the trouble of activating/flashing it to pageplus I want to get rid of some wasted space and maybe throw in city id its free for life on page plus i was able to pin it to sd4800 but not 5600oc prob cause ics and jb don't use city id anymore but if you can find a way ill trow you a copy of city id if you don't have it .Really i just rooted which was a miracle cause razor_blade by itself did not work i had to run 3 consecutive batch zips to get it rooted but its done and with 3.11 safe strap which i think sucks cause the old way was worded much better yea its got a nice swipe feature but the old methos you can enable safe mode here on 3.11 you have to choose a size and a slot and hope you don't wipe the oem data i don't know iam trying to like it but it doesn't work lol
    So can you please CHEVY MAKE A DROID 4 ROM DEBLOATED/DETOXED THAT IS SIMILAR TO STEEL DROID 4.8 NO DISRESPECT BUT SD5.5 SUCKED THE LAME SMILEY PLAY STORE AND TACKY WALLPAPER THAT GOES AWAY AS SOON AS YOU CHANGE IT BOOO 4.8 IS AND WILL ALWAYS BE THE BEST WORK ANYONE DID FOR GINGERBREAD AND I TRYED LIBERTY,ECLIPSE,WELL ALL OF THEM AND YOU WERE THE CHAMP SO NOW ITS TIME TO STEP OUT OF THE PAST AND HIT THE DROID 4 ITS THE SAME AS THE RAZOR MAXX AND HD NOW RUNNING JB4.1.2 SO HOOK IT UP ON A STEEL DROID 4800 SEQUIL TO THE DROID 3 BUT KEEP IT 4.1 JB AND WITH NOVA LAUNCHER LIKE 5600 WHICH ROCKED AND REMOVE AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE WITH KEEPING SMART ACTIONS ,AND THE ESSENTIALS AND ADD CITY ID PLEASE IF YOU CAN I KNOW ITS A CHALLANGE . IAM A HARDWARE GUY I REPAIRED 4 IPHONE 5,S TODAT AND 3 SAMSUNG NOTES THEY ARE FRICKEN HUGE A TABLET NOT A PHONE OMG ,WLL THANKS IN ADVANCE AND FORGET THE NEXUS FOR NOW TILL THEY COME OUT WITH THEIR 2GIG 1080 MODEL IN 4 MONTHS THE SCREEN RES ON THE RAZORS AND DROID 4 ARE BETTER THAN THE NEXUS 7 I WAS GIVEN FEB 12TH NEW IN BOX RUNNING 4.2 JB IT LOOKED LIKE SH$T AND PERFORMED EVEN WORSE AND MY NET SPEED IS 25/15 WTH ? SO I THOUGHT IT WAS DEFECTIVE NOPE THATS Y I WROTE THEM AFTER TRYING ANOTHER NEW 1 AND SEEING THE SAME POOR RESOLUTION AND THEY SAID WAIT TILL AUG 15TH AND THERE WILL BE A 2GIG OF RAM 1080 32 GIG BECAUSE I SAID LIIK OUR PHONES MAKE BETTER TABLETS THE 1 FIT BETTER AS A CONTROLLER IN YOUR HAND
    2 THE SCREEN IS SMALLER SO 1200X800 ON A 4.3" IS ALOT MORE CLEAR THAN ON A 7 " TABLET THAT YOUR FINGERS CAN BARLY REACH ACROSS FOR GAMING AND YOUR BEING OUT PERFORMED BY APPLE WITH A DUAL CORE AND YOU HAVE A QUAD CORE AND A 12 CORE GRAFFIX CHIP AND IT STILL LOOKS HORRIBLE SO I RECIEVED A FREE 32GIG NEXUS 7 WHEN THEY COME OUT FOR IMPLEMENTING THE IDEA IN FEB. OF MAKING MORE RAM /THATS Y THEY PHASED OUT NOTEBOOKS WITH 1 GIG OR EVEN 2 GIGS OF RAM NOW THEY ARE JUST TABLETS WITH KEYBOARDS SOME PEOPLE ARE JUST TIMID I SUPOSE !!! SO IN CLOSING WHEN THEY MAKE A 6GIG OF RAM TABLET WITH 64 GIGS INTERNAL SINCE YOU CAN PUT ANY GAMES ON A SD CARD AND HAVE IT FUNCTION WITH OUT CHANGING THE SYSTEM ,WHICH IS WIERD BECAUSE THATS HOW THE OLD LG ALLY WORKED SLAP IN A CLASS 1 POS SD CARD AND INSTANTLY GAME AWAY NO INTERNAL STORAGE ONLY !! DESIGNERS SUCK THEY ARE JUST BLEEDIN PEOPLE DRY AND IF THEY WERE AWARE IN LESS THAT 1 YEAR THAT THEY COULD GET A NEXUS 7 WITH FULL 1080 RES SCREEN AND 2 GIGS OF RAM WITH 16 OR 32 GIGS FOR UNDER 300$ WELL ENOUGH RANTING YOU THINK THEY WOULD HAVE STILL SOLD OVER 1 MILLION UNITS .NO BUT PEOPLE ARE ADVERTISIG DRONES AND HAVE TO HAVE WHAT EVERYONE ELSE HAS ,TRENDY HUH :biggrin: WELL ENOUGH RANTING CHEV I JUST WANT TO THANK YOU FOR ALWAYS INCLUDING THE GAPPS /GOOGLE APPS IN ALL YOUR ROMS MAKING IT SUPER SIMPLE TO FLASH AND HAVING THE BEST LAYOUTS I MEAN YOU WERE AHEAD OF CM10 WITH 5.6 YEA U GOT HELP FROM THEM BUT THE CAMERA WORKED AND SO DID EVERYTHING ELSE EXCEPT VIDEO AND BLUETOOTH YOUR BY FAR THE BEST ROM,DEVELOPER IVE SEEN AND USED KEEP IT UP AND ILL HIGHLY DONATE TO A SD4800 DROID 4 EDITION ILL PUT IN THE FIRST HUNDRED WHEN IT IS STABLE AND OUT OF BATA ,DETOXED AND DEBLOTED :hail: ROCK ON CHEVYCAM1994 I WONT HAVE A ROM TILL YOU MAKE ONE

11. MiktaNaji

MiktaNaji New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    chevy

Thank you for the wonderful phone load. Much better than the stock Verizon load. I am new to the customization of phones when it comes to roms. I have been using your ICS load for the Droid 3 now for about a week and I am really liking the load.

View attachment 62537

It operates much better. With that said, the bluetooth and teathering pieces seem to be broken with the load in the above graphic.

I can't find in the thread where those may have been addressed. Would you be able to help?

12. chevycam94

chevycam94 SteelDroid ROM / Cortex ROM Developer
    Developer

Ratings:
    +223
    Current Phone Model:
    Nexus 6P, VZW Note Edge, D1
    Well, my v7.0 for TORO just went LIVE! Have a looksee! Check the OP!

Search tags for this page
droid 3 ics
droid 3 jelly bean
droid 5
droid bionic jelly bean rom
droid razr jelly bean rom

droid x jelly bean

droid x roms

droid x roms 2012
jelly bean rom

steel droid