[ROM] [OFFICIAL THREAD] Steel Droid -5-28-2014 - Resurrecting Gingerbread!

Discussion in 'Steel Droid' started by chevycam94, Jan 12, 2012.

1. chevycam94

chevycam94 Steel Droid ROM Developer Developer

Ratings:
    +27
    Current Phone Model:
    LG G2 (VZW)
    Awesome! Good to hear the Music app wasn’t to blame. lol

Also, this morning I fixed the screenshot function, and my favorite from last night, I REDUCED the size of the overall zip by 6.3MB!!!!!!! Yeah, big change! Its actually because the VKB is now English only. The rest of the system has been that way as long as I can remember, so it only made sense. Im sure I can dip into the mid 60's for size, just need to find more things to remove and fix. Take into account that I reduced the size of the zip by about 10MB or so, JUST from having removed all the code and components for NFC a few months back. Pre04 wont be up for a few days at least. I want to get a few more things ironed out before another one goes up.

2. jccjmml7

jccjmml7 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Current Phone Model:
    Moto Droid 1 - A855
    I'm all over that update when it is up!
    Will gladly give any feedback too, very appreciative of your work!

On a side.....I have never run RZR recovery and I am a fan, had major issues with CWM for some reason..

Also can't wait to get another battery to see if this thing will stop dropping from 50% to 5% in a minute's time!

3. D1BB

D1BB Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Ok, had time to flash RZR and clean flash pre03. Still can't get ROM to boot with stock kernel. I'm thinking now that the voltage may be too low. I tried manually flashing a chevy LV kernel I used in the past and it still won't boot. I then tried his med. voltage and it booted. Old phone might not be able to run on what it used to, who knows. I also have no boot animation. The file is there, and I can't find a setting to toggle it on or off so maybe its just me. I'll note that my ROM download had the correct md5, and I clean flashed multiple times to be sure it wasn't just a bad flash. Oh, I also don't think there is any point in dalvik being higher than 32mb. The smaller the better with this phone, but apps start misbehaving for me if I go below 32, and problems also start when trying to go higher. Thanks for the great ROM, can't wait for 04!

Last edited: Aug 4, 2014
    • Like Like x 1
  4. chevycam94

Ratings:
    +27
    Current Phone Model:
    LG G2 (VZW)
    Gotcha. Good to know. I might include the SV (standard voltage) kernel instead, for compatibility. I will likely also list the other available kernels for download, in case someone is able to use the LV version on their hardware. One of these weeks I will get around to fixing the bootanimation and also a couple other stupid bugs Ive found. I already reverted the dalvik heap size back to 32, and Im still playing around with some other tweaks. So once I get a few more changes done under the hood, I will put pre04 up for download.

5. jccjmml7

jccjmml7 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Current Phone Model:
    Moto Droid 1 - A855
    For some reason, video camera has started FC'ing with pre03 lately. Still camera works ok, but as soon as I hit the record button it closes.

Any ideas on that? Not necessarily a huge issue, but would be nice to capture video on occasion. Worst case, I can wipe and reflash....but that is not always the best solution.

6. chevycam94

Ratings:
    +27
    Current Phone Model:
    LG G2 (VZW)
    Hmmmm, no idea offhand, but will check the logs and see what comes up. Added to the bug list!

7. D1BB

D1BB Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Camera fc with video here too. Clean flash.

8. chevycam94

Ratings:
    +27
    Current Phone Model:
    LG G2 (VZW)
    I just fixed the video camera FC bug! Will be pushing the changes to GIT shortly. Any other bugs to report?

9. D1BB

D1BB Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Not at this point. Unfortunately I haven't had much time to test lately, especially since the 'OG' is no longer my primary device. I'll try to get some in today. Also, would it be possible for you to list multiple developers kernels for download? I'm only asking because its basically impossible to find D1 kernels anymore. Just a thought, if it's even feasible.

10. jccjmml7

jccjmml7 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Current Phone Model:
    Moto Droid 1 - A855
    I can't think of any other issues that I ran in to.

A couple of instances, it took quite a while to redraw home when leaving an app, but I am sure that is to be expected.

Thanks for spending time correcting issues! Most wouldn't for a D1.

11. chevycam94

Ratings:
    +27
    Current Phone Model:
    LG G2 (VZW)
    I will list a couple kernels. And label them as best I can. I still think its proper to get permission from the original dev (if possible) before hosting them myself.

12. chevycam94

Ratings:
    +27
    Current Phone Model:
    LG G2 (VZW)
    Pre04 will have quite a few new changes. I'm starting to backport a lot of features and fixes from Jellybean and ICS. Will take a while, as I am sifting through them to see what I can use.

13. chevycam94

Ratings:
    +27
    Current Phone Model:
    LG G2 (VZW)
    Pre04 is now live on my site! Quite a few refreshing changes, and more still to come. I think this next round will get some graphical UI improvements, as I basically have ZERO BUGS at the moment. Good place to take a break, and concentrate on the interface design a little more.

• Like Like x 1
  14. D1BB

D1BB Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Clean flashed 04 and camera fc is indeed gone. However I still had to flash chevys med. voltage kernel before ROM would boot. Also I still have no boot animation and keyboard is still missing numbers from top row. Md5 for download was correct. Other than that everything seems solid. Keep up the great work!

15. chevycam94

Ratings:
    +27
    Current Phone Model:
    LG G2 (VZW)
    I will be including the MV or SV kernel version in the next release for compatibility. Sacrifice in battery, but it's not major.

I'm not sure what's up with the keyboard. I haven't changed anything there that would affect the numbers. Did it work in pre01?

Boot animation is being worked on right now. For now, just delete the zip, so at least you have SOMETHING you can see that will tell you the system is actually booting.

• Like Like x 1
Search tags for this page
droid 3 ics
droid 3 jelly bean
droid 5
droid bionic jelly bean rom
droid razr jelly bean rom

droid x jelly bean

droid x roms

droid x roms 2012
jelly bean rom

steel droid